Well i went back into debt lol

Bonestock

Aug 9, 2010
Worland Wy
Congrats James...... You got her the Buffalo Ring. You buy her a ring and then she turns into a Buffalo!!! lol!:roflmao:

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Thank you guys!

Congrats! After 2 years my girl won't even ride with me in my truck unless I hassle her! You found yourself a good one! :thumb:

lol she actually had no idea about desert racing or anything like that when i first met her. i kinda threw her to the wolves at our first race together cause i was busy prepping the car, getting signed up, chatting with racers and pretty much ignored her. She wasnt very happy about it but after a few more races she was right in there with me!

Damn James! Congrats man. Sounds like you got yourself a keeper. She have any sisters :hug:

Lol nope, only an older brother and he dont swing that way. Sorry Kris :D

Congrats James...... You got her the Buffalo Ring. You buy her a ring and then she turns into a Buffalo!!! lol!:roflmao:

:roflmao:

So on to the proposal. She adores penguins and we finally got some penguins at the wildlife zoo out here in az about 2 years ago. that right there pretty much told me how i would do it, it was just a matter of the details. I tried calling the director there to see if we could get any one on one time with the penguins but it was a no go, not even waiving a couple bennys in his face changed it :D. But he did tell me between 7-9 it was really dead there and would be a nice to do it during a week day. So it jsut so happened that the day i wanted to do this (yesterday) was my buddies fiances birthday who i know well. I asked her to tell my girl (Erin) if she would want to go to the zoo that night for her birthday. Erin was reluctant to go cause she thought we were goin to the phoenix zoo which dont have penguins. After i let her know that no, we were goin to the wildlife zoo, she was definitly in. Problem was we had two hours to "meet there" and not much time for dinner so me "acting" like a cheap ass, we went to subway for dinner :roflmao: and go lost in sun city (basically take mike and ken and multiply it by 10,000 :hug:). We finally made it there and my buddy called to say his fiance was sick (that was the plan as they were in san diego yesterday :D) and she wouldnt be makin it. So i played it off as though i wanted to go home and get my money back but she wasnt having it and wanted to see the damn penguins.

BTW, i HAVE to tease and mess with people when the opportunity presents its self so im fricken crackin up inside over this.

So we tour the fish and all that finally make it to the penguins. She states "you know, penguins are monogamist". i said, "i know but what if those two right there are gay?", we start crackin up and i point her to the others i found, waited for her to turn around and dropped to one knee and pulled the ring out. She turned around and came unglued. she was damn near saying yes before i could even ask the question! lol. but i did and she said yes :). Best part was there was nnnnoooo ooonnee in the section so it was pretty cool like i bought the place for the night :cool:

dmaxfireman

'Can do' kind of guy
Apr 8, 2007
CT
nice job! good story that you guys will remember forever. my goal when i popped the question was to do it in a way that would make all her friends green with jealousy when she tells the story. told her i was only gonna do it once so i had to make it count!

KEVINL

Jul 4, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Congrats

Its not hard if you find the right girl me and my wife have been together for almost 10 years been married for almost two and we have a 3 month old little boy

darkness

Jul 15, 2009
vegas
So we tour the fish and all that finally make it to the penguins. She states "you know, penguins are monogamist". i said, "i know but what if those two right there are gay?", we start crackin up and i point her to the others i found, waited for her to turn around and dropped to one knee and pulled the ring out. She turned around and came unglued. she was damn near saying yes before i could even ask the question! lol. but i did and she said yes :). Best part was there was nnnnoooo ooonnee in the section so it was pretty cool like i bought the place for the night :cool:

thats awesome!!!

carter_44

May 11, 2010
AZ
I guess I'll be the one to say it...this is bullshit! All my friends are getting married and shit and I'm damn tired of it. No more going to the bars, getting in fights, picking up women, street racing, blowing shit up, burning shit down...they are all becoming respectable and decent guys and giving up being hooligans. This is no fun.

A big congratulations to you buddy. I knew it was coming soon and just a matter of when. I'm gonna be at that wedding and you bet I'm gonna be in the front row and hammered drunk.:roflmao: