Well I guess it's time

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
Got the heads back today, got home and put on intake manifolds and bagged/tagged parts.

Went to work and used the parts washer with a shopping cart full of parts :D

Off to the machine shop tomorrow to drop parts off and check in on the bottom end.

Bought a set of stock injectors, will be sending them out to Exergy in the next few weeks.

2nd Cp3 is coming from Cali as well. Getting :happy2:

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
I was told to use .060 for intake and .075 for exhaust on clearances to piston from the shop that's assembling my shortblock, does that sound about right? Said they talked to Lorenzo @ Socal for clarification, but just wanted to run it by the members here..

Quick run down on the block/heads..

Heads got a valvejob, milled .010 and valves recessed same amount with Hamilton springs

Block was decked .006 from some hot spots found in machining.

Pistons were cut by SoCal .010 and delipped.

Using LML C headgaskets.

From the little I Know about the measuring system and engines, I am positive that I wont have any piston to valve clearance issues.

DIESELMAFIAPER.LB7

<----new hotness
Jan 17, 2010
idaho
shop.dieselmafiaperformance.com
I was told to use .060 for intake and .075 for exhaust on clearances to piston from the shop that's assembling my shortblock, does that sound about right? Said they talked to Lorenzo @ Socal for clarification, but just wanted to run it by the members here..

Quick run down on the block/heads..

Heads got a valvejob, milled .010 and valves recessed same amount with Hamilton springs

Block was decked .006 from some hot spots found in machining.

Pistons were cut by SoCal .010 and delipped.

Using LML C headgaskets.

From the little I Know about the measuring system and engines, I am positive that I wont have any piston to valve clearance issues.

your good the machine shop should have measured piston pretrusion after they assembled it to give you what gasket you needed for the heads id ask but you should be just fine

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
Stock protrusion is .014 mine was .010 deck was cut .006. Using C thick head gasket. Should be fine. Piston to wall clearance was on the very high end of spec, which is max of .0035 balance took 3250 grams of bob weight. Pick it up next Friday :D

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
Some pics from today. Stopped by for a few hours this morning, helped assemble the main caps F&R covers and water pump. Just need to put the upper & lower pans on and I can go pick up the shortblock up next weekend after work.

Last edited:

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
So, using Guy's calculator and my sub par math skills(counting on finger kinda stuff :D) I came up with 17.1 CR for my engine for the work that was done.

edit, maybe I did it wrong. Stock piston is 42cc bowl, head is 4cc. Every .010 off the top is .7cc, plus delip to 2.50"

Im thinking to hard

Last edited:

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
Stock LB7 pistons. Cut .010 and delipped. No coating.

Block was decked .006, heads were milled .010 and recessed same amount. C gasket. Piston protrusion was .010

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
Dropped off some stuff at the powdercoaters this past week, still waiting on a new oil cooler and a set of valve covers still, but get the shortblock back on Friday morning. :cool:

James, you ready? :D :woott:

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
Dropped off some stuff at the powdercoaters this past week, still waiting on a new oil cooler and a set of valve covers still, but get the shortblock back on Friday morning. :cool:

James, you ready? :D :woott:

I'm jealous too, mr deep pockets, damn man you makin me want to yank the block out of my truck now:rolleyes: never mind, can't afford it, yet...

Can't wait to see your results bri, what color is the powder coat going to be?