Well I guess it's time

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I have heard that tow haul mode actually takes pressure out of the valve body... Someone correct me if I'm wrong

You're wrong. It just changes part throttle shift points and converter lockup. At full throttle, it's pretty much exactly the same (there is a very slight difference it full throttle shift speed on some of the gears).

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
Nice. Do you know when you are going to the track for time?

Supposed to go Friday but its looking like it is gunna rain :eek:

Did you see a cop or what? Lol why no tow/haul mode? Turbo sounds sick!

Thought I did LOL. Na, no tow/haul.
I know for a fact that my truck will run 13.6-13.8 on a 2200 uS tune and it is about 1500 lbs heavier than yours. That said, you should be in the 12s with a 2300 uS tune... :poke:
I would hope so!
Man Brian that sounds good. In 2 weeks my 475 will be going on.

Pull your headliner, hood insulation and make a metal intake and it will sound like that :rofl:

DMAXchris

It’s only temporary!
Apr 28, 2009
Natrona Heights PA
Sounds good dude!!!!!

I have heard that tow haul mode actually takes pressure out of the valve body... Someone correct me if I'm wrong

You are correct to an extent. Its not just T/H, it happens every time the converter locks on a stock trans. Holding power to the clutch packs is dropped by roughly 100 psi.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
You're wrong. It just changes part throttle shift points and converter lockup. At full throttle, it's pretty much exactly the same (there is a very slight difference it full throttle shift speed on some of the gears).

Any time the converter clutch is engaged the pressure drops 100 psi unless you have a modified converter flow valve.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Any time the converter clutch is engaged the pressure drops 100 psi unless you have a modified converter flow valve.
This is true, but that has nothing to do with it being in T/H. It does it when the convertor locks when it isn't in T/H also, and at full throttle, the converter locks at the same time regardless of what mode it is in.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I didn't say anything about T/H Josh. Like I said; anytime the converter locks.

So is anything I posted incorrect? Does T/H make the pressure drop?

Besides, Brian has a built transmission, and I'm sure you changed or modified the valve so it doesn't drop like stock.

SSchmi5519

LLY Cult Leader
Oct 19, 2008
Arizona
Correct ME if I'm wrong, but the 'Normal' mode and 'T/H' mode do not share saved TAPS setting for WOT?

Meaning that if you are going to race on one setting and DD the other, consistancy is the most important.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Correct ME if I'm wrong, but the 'Normal' mode and 'T/H' mode do not share saved TAPS setting for WOT?

Meaning that if you are going to race on one setting and DD the other, consistancy is the most important.

you are correct stevie wonder :D

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
So is anything I posted incorrect? Does T/H make the pressure drop?

Besides, Brian has a built transmission, and I'm sure you changed or modified the valve so it doesn't drop like stock.

Josh I only made a statement about pressure and converter lock. I was not trying to correct you in any way. I made a mistake when I used the quote botton. Now can we drop this?

Bonestock

Aug 9, 2010
Worland Wy
Lol!:roflmao: I know how you feel man. I was running 1700 usec that weekend which detuned the truck a ton! There is always next time right.