Well ended up in a Chevy just not a dmax...

Tjmaxx

Jun 7, 2014
So I really wanted a dmax 06-07 but couldn’t pass up the deal I got on a new 2017 Silverado 1500 sca st edition. Hopefully it’ll tow my 27’ enclosed trailer decently? Doesn’t seem to have near the power of my eco post but I love the looks of this truck!

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
Did a magnuson tvs1900 on my 5.3, it's a freaking animal now on 13#'s of boost. Pushing a little over 500 rwhp, they can be super fun if built properly...

Tjmaxx

Jun 7, 2014
Did a magnuson tvs1900 on my 5.3, it's a freaking animal now on 13#'s of boost. Pushing a little over 500 rwhp, they can be super fun if built properly...

Would you still consider it a reliable tow vehicle? And any supporting mods? Did you do the work yourself? How much cost associated?

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
Did it myself with help from a friend. It was easy, yes, it is very reliable. It is my work truck that I drive everyday and pull boats up to 8k with it regularly in town. Highway it pulls down 18.7 mpg at 65, in town beating the piss out of it it gets 11.6. I only did kooks headers, y pipe, custom exhaust and injectors, everything else is stock. Still rocking the stock air box...:rofl:

Of course I'm running a smaller pulley to make that much boost, I have a ZEP griptec, they are badass...

Tjmaxx

Jun 7, 2014
Did it myself with help from a friend. It was easy, yes, it is very reliable. It is my work truck that I drive everyday and pull boats up to 8k with it regularly in town. Highway it pulls down 18.7 mpg at 65, in town beating the piss out of it it gets 11.6. I only did kooks headers, y pipe, custom exhaust and injectors, everything else is stock. Still rocking the stock air box...:rofl:

Of course I'm running a smaller pulley to make that much boost, I have a ZEP griptec, they are badass...

I’ll be looking into it! Not sure what options I have with the ecotec 5.3