Weird stuff inside my exhaust

MadMaxx61

Devilmaxx
Oct 13, 2008
Windsor, Ont, Canada
4e2ypysu.jpg

Yep that's what I am saying.

Also take a sample of it to a lab if you really want to know. I would do the same with your oil too. But if it is a newly put on system it could be shipping and manufacturing debris like the coating put on the I.D. Of the tubes to keep them free of rust if not a SS system or a film they just put on from bending them.

Combine Pilot

They Call Me Mike
Feb 7, 2010
Saskatchewan
How does that saying go? Something about "opening your mouth and proving your and idiot." :D That is why if I don't know for sure I usually stay quiet. But I did see some of this when I installed my new exhaust and figured it was something to do with the oily film on the stainless tubing.

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
If you wish to start a new thread on this....I can explain the cooling system and the science of it. I would like to say thankyou for trying to help members on here, however guessing at things is often bringing confusion:( perhaps take some time, to understand and sit back and enjoy the reading.

Thanks Simon:hug:

You know what frustrates me about all this...

1) Tano had asked a question that, given his situation, was very vague, leaving allot to guess at, I merely suggested what I felt could be a possibility, and gave him a simple step as a starting point to eliminate the possibility, simple, that's it
2) the information I rendered, was gathered from this forum, over and over I have read that as a indicative measure, the upper radiator hose is a quick check point for specific HG issues
3) once the same info I have read on this forum, was then coming from me, it all of a sudden is bull shit...?
4) it's not the first time, in fact, it's almost every time I post, I think it has just become somewhat of a game to poke holes in anything I write, so that nothing I say, or believe I understand holds water, usually with tons of negative remarks about my "ideas" and very little actual tech or data to prove me wrong, someone usually does, but after how many that don't?

well, telling me to shut up will only make me squawk louder, demanding answers, none of you have figured out that the knowledge is what shuts me up, 18mo later and most all I get is shitstorm for what I post, rather than help, so I continue to post till I feel I get an intelligent and forthright answer. Really, has it been that hard to figure that out, yea, I'm the dumb one....

All the other stuff I posted regarding the coolant system was just how I perceived it to be as I was under the hood today, trying to figure out why my upper radiator hose didn't seem to jive with what you guys were saying, I still don't fully agree with everything that has been said about it, and thats fine, I don't have to, until I have it taken apart myself and see it up close and personal, as for now, I have my own ideas, my gut and mechanical intuitive instinct has gotten me this far, so I have learned to just trust it.

If someone else wants to start a "getting to know your coolant system" thread, have at it.

I'm gonna dip out for a while now

Hooray for all you guys, I'll be back, so enjoy my short lived silence, when I do come back I'll have some more things done and hopefully have some real world performance numbers to share

Most likely I will peruse the forum in silence, but I'm not posting anymore for quite some time, thanks for the help, thanks for putting up with me and thanks for the laughs, I really do like this place in digital space

:later:

Utahski

Oct 20, 2008
Northern Utah
Most likely I will peruse the forum in silence, but I'm not posting anymore for quite some time, thanks for the help, thanks for putting up with me and thanks for the laughs, I really do like this place in digital space

:later:

You haven't enough sense to stay quiet.

D-MAX Mafia

Hood down, smoke up!
Nov 4, 2009
Phoenix
How does that saying go? Something about "opening your mouth and proving your and idiot." :D That is why if I don't know for sure I usually stay quiet. But I did see some of this when I installed my new exhaust and figured it was something to do with the oily film on the stainless tubing.

No one knows how stupid you are until you open your mouth.

I didn't know it was an 01. Tapatalk doesn't let me see sigs.