Weight Lifting/Body Building/Strong Man/Training thread

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Legs are feeling Thursday’s workout hard right now. Also hiked a bunch today and swam. Eff me

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Bench
275x5
298x3
320x3
331x1
342x1
275x8
275x7
Best my bench has felt in a year.

Squats with a real barbell
Worked up to
250x3 felt good to be under a bar again

Shit ton of single leg ext. for some pump.

Been pulling sumo since last week just up to 275 for sets of 8 just keeping it nice and light. So far so good:thumb:

BW 206

Evan@InglewoodTrans

yerp
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 5, 2010
Western MA
Flat bench today and everything felt good with 225 and then 315 so I decided to go heavy. 365 went up easy so I stopped with a single and went to 405 and got it finally so I waited and went for it it again and it went up easier so I went to 415 and got that too so it was a great day. My shoulder has been feeling good so the new goal is 425.

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Nice, Congrats Evan! You got that sooner than you expected!

405 bench is no joke, hoping to get that early next year as long as the wings hold up.

Evan@InglewoodTrans

yerp
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 5, 2010
Western MA
Nice, Congrats Evan! You got that sooner than you expected!

405 bench is no joke, hoping to get that early next year as long as the wings hold up.

Getting 415 was the icing on the cake I’ll probably chill out on the heavy weight for a bit and just do reps with 365 I can’t afford to get hurt.

Novak

SQUIRREL TRYN TO GET A NUT
Jun 15, 2015
Cloud 9, IDAHO
When two plates fight for your attention
69f582379d5380535482fcc6af77f9bb.jpg

If you can’t tell it broke the little bit of nail I had off and split the underlining stuff (whatever that sh*t is called)
Didn’t hurt as bad as you’d think because I just pretended it didn’t happen. Didn’t look down til I felt my fist getting wet then it was a pretty stout pain

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Bench
298x3
320x3sx3r
276x9
254x12

Squats high bar
Worked up to 250x5 felt fine, back has been sore from deads lately, so I took it easy on squats

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
I got a challenge for you guys. I did a killer chest sesh Monday and I’m still feeling it today so I fell short of my goal of 100 reps.

10 minute emom: starting at 0:00 one legless 15’ rope climb on the minute, max bench press at 135# for the remainder of time.

I did 10 rope climbs, and 93 reps of bench. Legit thought I was going to drop 135 on me more than once.

Novak

SQUIRREL TRYN TO GET A NUT
Jun 15, 2015
Cloud 9, IDAHO
Anyone think that doing a leg press and Bulgarian squats is activating the same muscle groups? Meaning do one or the other?
In my opinion i think Bulgarian squats are a compound movement giving a better benefit and possibly using different muscle groups because you have to maintain posture and balance; whereas a press you just lock your meat hooks on the handles and keep your knees bent and thats about it..follow through slowly.

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Anyone think that doing a leg press and Bulgarian squats is activating the same muscle groups? Meaning do one or the other?
In my opinion i think Bulgarian squats are a compound movement giving a better benefit and possibly using different muscle groups because you have to maintain posture and balance; whereas a press you just lock your meat hooks on the handles and keep your knees bent and thats about it..follow through slowly.

I feel they are different. Split is much more compound.

CaptPhil

Sep 10, 2011
Delaware
I'm pretty inconsistent with working out, usually don't workout at home so I will do five weeks, then not workout for five weeks. Definitely messes with my gains but whatever.

Working on my deads, switched to over hand hook grip. It hurt like a mofo the first few times, now it doesn't hurt until after I set the weight down. I do feel that I pull better and more evenly with double over hand. Any set over 5 reps really starts to hurt. Have not had a grip failure yet.

Pulled 425 hooked last night. Not that impressive but my own pr.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
I got a challenge for you guys. I did a killer chest sesh Monday and I’m still feeling it today so I fell short of my goal of 100 reps.

10 minute emom: starting at 0:00 one legless 15’ rope climb on the minute, max bench press at 135# for the remainder of time.

I did 10 rope climbs, and 93 reps of bench. Legit thought I was going to drop 135 on me more than once.
Ouch lol... I don't have a rope to climb, bummer...:D

The difference is intensity. I can load up a ton on leg press. I feel Bulgarian targets the hammys more.

I'm pretty inconsistent with working out, usually don't workout at home so I will do five weeks, then not workout for five weeks. Definitely messes with my gains but whatever.

Working on my deads, switched to over hand hook grip. It hurt like a mofo the first few times, now it doesn't hurt until after I set the weight down. I do feel that I pull better and more evenly with double over hand. Any set over 5 reps really starts to hurt. Have not had a grip failure yet.

Pulled 425 hooked last night. Not that impressive but my own pr.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Nice Congrats!

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Bench
276x5sx8r
320x3
320x3sx2r

High bar squats
Worked up to a heavy single of 315
Shit ton of drop down sets

Pulled sumo 365x3 for an easy triple on Monday. Been keeping the weight low and just bumping up slowly.

Lb7_Katie

Lb7 Duramax
Sep 8, 2013
Back squat PR! Finally!!! 313lbs, and took first yesterday in my very first weightlifting meet. Even tho my numbers were disappointing I’m happy to get my first meet out of the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Back squat PR! Finally!!! 313lbs, and took first yesterday in my very first weightlifting meet. Even tho my numbers were disappointing I’m happy to get my first meet out of the way.

Hell ya good job Katie! Your squat is going to pass mine soon:thumb

Meet jitters are normal, after awhile you won’t even remember that people are watching. It’s just you and that platform with a barbell.

Lb7_Katie

Lb7 Duramax
Sep 8, 2013
Hell ya good job Katie! Your squat is going to pass mine soon:thumb

Meet jitters are normal, after awhile you won’t even remember that people are watching. It’s just you and that platform with a barbell.

It was fun! I signed up for another meet in October!

DMAXchris

It’s only temporary!
Apr 28, 2009
Natrona Heights PA
I switched my whole routine to less weight more reps with more body weight stuff thrown in. So far so good. I hurt my shoulder 3 weeks ago due to being in a hurry and not setting my squat up correctly. Had my hands too close together and it tweaked something after 1 set of warmups. Its better now and I wont make that mistake again.