Weight Bracket

jheyob

Jan 30, 2009
Okeana OH/West Lafayette IN
Basically did the same except 2.5" square and had to put the cross member up higher to clear the plastic...fits snugly and clears some JD weights I have.

129a6e86.jpg

a.jpg

d.jpg

f.jpg

durallymax

Apr 26, 2008
Under The Hood
Looks very nice.

Ill probably wont be needing mine anymore, Im sick of pitching weights and might just build a weight box. Ive got a bitchin design, now I just have to get it to one of my sponsors to see if he wants to program it into his CNC plasma and cut it out.

JD4440

<< Lo-Carb Monster
Feb 27, 2009
Orlinda, TN
Basically did the same except 2.5" square and had to put the cross member up higher to clear the plastic...fits snugly and clears some JD weights I have.

129a6e86.jpg

Is it just me or is the ends tapered in ?? That's what I need to do as mine warped approx. 1/16"

jheyob

Jan 30, 2009
Is it just me or is the ends tapered in ?? That's what I need to do as mine warped approx. 1/16"

What you see that's crooked is a shim I needed to weld on so it fits tighter to the frame/crossmember...I cut it half ass'd and it's not quite a rectangle...Everything else is true, or should be at least lol

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky

129a6e86.jpg

Can you measure from where you notched it to the miter on the piece that slides into the frame? I'd like mine to as close as possible to the plastic valance like yours does.

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
Thanks, I just wanted an Idea anyways. I like how it fits tight against the plastic valance... I thought I may need to extend it out alittle so I can weld a gusset on the angle. But if your alls are working fine, I may go without it like you guys did. Hopefully building a weight bracket soon, can't seem to find any that I like for sale. Seems everyone uses reciever extensions that are welded or bolted into the frame slot. Just seems kinda dumb to have a 2.5x2.5 tube in a 3x3 slot.

jheyob

Jan 30, 2009
I've had the rack completely full before a few times and it's held fine. I am getting some plates cut out for gusseting the sides of the joints though, that's the only reason I have the bracket up here at school with me and I could get that measurement for you :)

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
How much bigger are the 100 pound IH weights than the 75? I know the ones I have are 2 inchs wide. they stick out 8 inchs forward of the plate they would hang on, also they hang down 10 inchs from the top of the hanging plate.. Just wondering I would like to be able to run the 100 pounders with the bracket I'm building, as of now looks like I'm good with the weights I have.