We all need to be more like kids...

six5creed

Jan 6, 2016
N.C.
Matthew 18:3 says "And he said: "Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven." NIV

Yesterday I got off work early so the wife and I could take our 2 kids to the fair. Our son is 5 and daughter is almost 2. The Bible tells us to become like little children and I was reminded of this yesterday (again) by our 5 year old son. He loves people, he doesn't know a stranger, he doesn't know hate, he doesn't know color, etc. etc. Hate, racism etc. is all taught. My dad taught me very well how to be racist. Jesus taught me how to not be racist and to show love. My kids remind me how I should treat people. Yesterday we were in line to ride a ride for our son and there were twin girls of different ethnicity than us and both with special needs, neither could talk very well and my son ask both of them to sit beside him. They didn't answer him but both made eye contact with him. It was then that I was reminded what Matthew 18:3 says. My son wants to be like his daddy so bad because he thinks I am the coolest thing ever. He doesn't know that I want to be like him because he is the coolest thing ever. I tell him all the time "don't be like me, be better than me".

We could all stand to learn a lesson from what happened with me yesterday. This country is full of hate, racism etc. and we could all show a little more love and smile. You never know who's life will be impacted by what you do, rather good or bad :D

M.A.M.

Jan 9, 2016
Ohio
Amen to all of this. Life would be so much simpler with out the grownup complications, lol. But taking the Gods Word to heart is the only thing that'll get get us out of our own head/ideas, and makes us more Christ-like...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
How a kid grows up and acts as an adult is directly impacted by parents actions and words, it sounds like your kids are going to grow up to be good people.

1TRIKHD

Country boy Limo.
Sep 15, 2015
P.N.W
Thanks for posting this. I am now reminded on how much I looked up to my dad, and with my two young boys im sure it's the same for them looking up at me and seeing the things I do, and they way I act and interact with others. I will always try to be that role model for them as they grow up. Thank you for this reminder.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
That’s awesome that your son treats other people like that! My son is four and he special needs. It really upsets me sometimes when I see how other little kids treat my son because he’s different. Often times it’s just because they don’t realize that he’s not like them but still it hurts a little bit To know that it’s going to be an issue the rest of his life.

Columbus450

Aug 24, 2017
Louisiana
That is awesome man you can tell you're raising your kids right,Jesus said you u can tell a tree by it's fruits and you're little boy just showed his ! Praise the Lord The world needs more of this for sure

TeaBagger2006

Im a Garrett Nut Swinger
May 11, 2008
Bis ND
I don't believe in all the religious stuff.... But I am a firm believer in treating people the way you would like to be treated.... Life is good:hug:

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Wonderful to hear, Slim. :)

But to me, none of this has anything to do with religion. I mean, you can believe that it does, but in the end it simply has to do with caring parents raising their child to be a decent person, to look beyond the color of another's skin and realize we're all the same and then treating others like they'd want to be treated.

...and do you know how you'll know you've succeeded raising a good kid? When other parents/people tell you that your child is a decent person at their homes/places of business, etc. Trust me on this.

trashygasman

Slowly but Surely
Dec 18, 2008
Washington, OK
I agree Tom. We get compliments all the time from other parents of how nice and well mannered my 11 yr old is. She tries to be everyone’s friend and not judge when she’s at the age that her friends are judging everyone. Makes me a proud dad!

My 7 yr old on the other hand....she’s a different story. She has an awesome heart, she’s just an ornery turd! Lol

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
Unfortunately parents can only shield their children from the harsh reality of the world for so long before the rose colored glasses are off. I'm going to do my best to keep my child innocent for as long as possible but the way the world is changing I'm not so sure it will be possible. It's going to be hard to keep him from knowing what's going on in the world for much longer, Slim I'm sure at 5 your boy is full of interesting question...:)

Tyler_LBZ

Feb 26, 2015
NC
A nice read, thanks. It's good to hear things like this with everything going on. I have a 3 year old son and a 1 year old daughter. The kids are always surprising me, our son thinks everyone is his friend and loves talking to people no matter who they are.

Thanks for the story DMAX Slim.

2008lmmchopper

May 28, 2017
Ha hell ya. I like to take my daughter to the store with the wife shopping which most men don't but I like to because me and my daughter go check out the toys and usually buy some. I am getting her into Legos lol. Also when we're in the truck were both kids she says "go fast daddy" and I lay into it a bit and she and I both giggle. My daughter knows happiness and laughter but she also goes to church and she learns that you should always love others and treat them with respect.

Sent from my STV100-2 using Tapatalk

2008lmmchopper

May 28, 2017
Teaching moments lol
b64f5978eaa0b63d921765195173f778.jpg

Sent from my STV100-2 using Tapatalk

outtatimexx

Aug 21, 2017
Perry, Ga.
Second point made!

I agree with all you said slim, and I can testify to what y ou say about God's power. Not preaching, just a matter of fact, He can change even the hardest heart! God Bless you and yours!