Victor Reinz head gaskets wave stopper vs mls

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
When did the head gaskets change? I put mine in July of 09, are they new or old style ones? Sounds like the new ones are using the coating that DODGE used years back with the Neon head gaskets that used to leak all the time. They started off with a regular composite style gasket with metal rings around the cylinders, then went to MLS, but then thay ran into oil leaks. So they went to a spray sealer that looks like copper, but is some sort of organic sealer that worked REALLY good. Stuff was a pain to get off, but we found that spraying it with brake cleaner and letting it sit for a few minutes would allow us to just wipe it off.

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
Newest gaskets came out about six months ago. They are multi layer with the coating. They only cost a little over 30 bucks each. I know the price makes people sceptical and I was too.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
have you ever used them though? Ive got a bunch here and they feel fine to me.

I remember mark broviak saying hes used them in some big builds with no issues.

I have seen them and do not like them. If I can not run them on something of my own first I will not sell it. Eric Merchant also does not like them and a few others. The new copper style insides and how cheap they feel I will pass on selling them. I stand behind what I sell so I stay with parts i'm use to tried and true.

Mark also said he used the Grade D gaskets last one I just saw was not the new style copper there still the same.

Last edited:

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
I have seen them and do not like them. If I can not run them on something of my own first I will not sell it. Eric Merchant also does not like them and a few others. The new copper style insides and how cheap they feel I will pass on selling them. I stand behind what I sell so I stay with parts i'm use to tried and true.

Mark also said he used the Grade D gaskets last one I just saw was not the new style copper there still the same.

Henry Im asking have you run them or heard of any failures..............not what your "first glance 20 foot opinion" was.

Going around telling people they are junk "because you looked at them" is kind of dumb, no offense. Im looking for actual proof, which Mark Broviak has given, and he says they hold fine at 900+ hp. And Shane (s phinny) has given feedback as well.

Yeah yeah I saw eric's facebook post about how he "DOESNT LIKE THEM" as well. He never actually posted about any failures though. Is his "doesnt like them" statement based on more heresay and first-glance opinions too? :confused:

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
Henry Im asking have you run them or heard of any failures..............not what your "first glance 20 foot opinion" was.

Going around telling people they are junk "because you looked at them" is kind of dumb, no offense. Im looking for actual proof, which Mark Broviak has given, and he says they hold fine at 900+ hp. And Shane (s phinny) has given feedback as well.

Yeah yeah I saw eric's facebook post about how he "DOESNT LIKE THEM" as well. He never actually posted about any failures though. Is his "doesnt like them" statement based on more heresay and first-glance opinions too? :confused:

Ben did you read were I said if I can not run them I will not sell them, I have not run them on anything of my own so I will not sell anything I have not tested since I stand behind parts I sell. And the head gaskets that Mark is talking about using in big HP builds is grade D and nothing has changed with those there nothing like the grade C that I have seen at the dealer. I stick with tried and true parts I do not want to be replacing parts that I already sold and i'm sure no one wants to be pulling heads off to replace there HG's again just from me using the new HG's. The new style looks way to much like the cometic with the copper showing i'll pass for now till I have time to run a set.

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
And the head gaskets that Mark is talking about using in big HP builds is grade D and nothing has changed with those there nothing like the grade C that I have seen at the dealer.

Henry I know what the D-grade head gaskets look like because I had to use some on the last build I did where the pistons that my customer brought me were too tall/not cut correctly..................

Mark has specifically said he has used the LML head gaskets. As in the new copper colored ones. Ill see if I can find the thread.

05greendmax

dyno and drag numberssoon
Dec 26, 2009
ohio
i just got mine back after 9 mo and i have victor rienz and mine are junk alrady not even 400miles on them leakein out the back i even did a hot retourqe junk so pisssed

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
Henry I know what the D-grade head gaskets look like because I had to use some on the last build I did where the pistons that my customer brought me were too tall/not cut correctly..................

Mark has specifically said he has used the LML head gaskets. As in the new copper colored ones. Ill see if I can find the thread.

I would like to see Marks other post. I have only saw his post about the grade D and posting that they were the new style.

On the ones you used I know you used a set I think on Tims build. We're grade C's were used with the same pistons done by the same machine shop if your talking about the motor I think you are. And Jeff built the other motor that used the sister pistons but used grade C with that build.