Valve springs: Comp Cams vs. SoCal Diesel

So I've heard rumors that SoCal Diesel just uses Comp Cams springs with their name on them. Is this true? If so I can save a lot of money by buying the springs from one company and the seats and retainers from another. Thanks for the help.

Jared

Hamilton springs = $575.

SoCal springs = $384
Comp Cams seats = $70.94
Comp Cams retainers = 107.96
TOTAL = $562.90

After shipping (if I even have to pay it) I'll come out about even and I'll have new springs, retainers, and seats. Please tell me if I went wrong anywhere here.

Xternal

Aug 31, 2012
Cross reference to mustang fyi. Beehive style springs. I can't remember the part number but Google will :)

Xternal

Aug 31, 2012
1stgen if you ever have a question or something your more then welcome to pm me. I find myself commenting on all your posts as I'm wanting to see this build your doing come to life haha.

Xternal

Aug 31, 2012
Right but that's just the first I seen via Google there might be better deals out there I'm not sure. I was just answering the cross referencing question

Xternal

Aug 31, 2012
When I was researching them I'm almost positive the seat pressure for open and close were identical. Both coming with retainers etc.

If those are the exact same as Socal's, Guy sells them for a good bit less.

That's what I was thinking. SoCal sells the springs cheap and jacks up the seat and retainer prices since they're required to run the spring. Comp Cams sells the springs for more while the seats and retainers are much less. Take the cheapest of them both and save yourself some money right?:thumb: