V2 not reading codes!

Houser04lly

Feb 27, 2011
Fort Myers, Fl
My V2 isn't reading codes everytime I plug in my V2 when I have a check engine light it says no dtcs detected . Any help would greatly be appreciated. I couldn't find much when searching . Thanks guys

My V2 isn't reading codes everytime I plug in my V2 when I have a check engine light it says no dtcs detected . Any help would greatly be appreciated. I couldn't find much when searching . Thanks guys

What vehicle? What software, firmware and bootblock are you using? Are you using pass-through or standalone functions?

If standalone, which method of code detection are you using? There are 4 different options for code checking with FlashScan V2 and AutoCal. A full description of those modes can be found here https://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?24101-Code-Delete-Problems

If standalone, have you tried pass-through? or vice versa?

There was an issue reported in this thread here http://www.duramaxdiesels.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57704 that identified an issue with incorrect code responses (note; responses were received in this instance) that has been investigated and fixed for our next software update, however that relates to LMM and LBZ only, and only using standalone. Pass through is providing the correct responses.

Cheers
Cindy

Houser04lly

Feb 27, 2011
Fort Myers, Fl
Thanks for replying . I have an LLY and Im using the Standalone Function. Also I usually use EPA Current and and I also will check using EPA Pending. Both are not showing any DTCs when there is a check engine light on the dash. Im not sure which Firmware and Bootblock I am using but I have done a recent update about a month ago when I flash a tune for someone.

Houser04lly

Feb 27, 2011
Fort Myers, Fl
Thanks Cindy I appreciate the help I have not had a chance to try to read or clear any DTCs through pass -through yet. When I am able to try this method I will get back in touch with you . Thank you for the help it's great my appreciated.
Thanks Brock