Used truck prices out of control

02dirtymax

Jul 3, 2009
Ohio
These guys are asking alot for trucks, but you would be suprised what you can pick one up for if you just make an offer and walk away. I bought my last two cheap by making an offer, getting laughed at, and having them call me back a few hours later and saying I had a deal. I also wouldn't be afraid of one with 150K on it either.

RichLMM

Sep 5, 2010
North Kingstown RI
the biggest problem like said is the price of new ones...if a guy sees that gm wants 50grand for a newer version of his truck why can't he get 30? the same problem started with classic cars when barret jackson went to TV...joe dirt watching the tv sees a 69 Daytona Charger go for 250,000 he figures his junk one in the driveway is worth atleast $20,000 right?

THEREDDEVIL

A Bad seed
Jul 28, 2010
Godfrey, il
the biggest problem like said is the price of new ones...if a guy sees that gm wants 50grand for a newer version of his truck why can't he get 30? the same problem started with classic cars when barret jackson went to TV...joe dirt watching the tv sees a 69 Daytona Charger go for 250,000 he figures his junk one in the driveway is worth atleast $20,000 right?

Exactly! The days of finding a 500 dollar builder are over. Now it's 5k for a basket case

THEREDDEVIL

A Bad seed
Jul 28, 2010
Godfrey, il
exactly its a totally ruined hobby for the average joe who actually loves the cars and not for the investment...

It really frustrates me cause I would love to build a 66-67 nova, but u can't touch a rusty pile of sh!t for under 4-5k. I bought my vega for 240 dollars! Threw a cage, 12 bolt and a sbc in it and painted it myself. It's an ugly ass vega but even junk Vegas are going for 1500. That's just stupid