LLY: Upgrading my LLY

Javlin42

May 20, 2016
I'm new to diesels and I have a 2004 LLY. The truck already has a LBZ Mouthpiece, S&B Intake, Rebuilt Transmission, Trans-Go Shift Kit, EFI Live, DSP5 Switch, 4" straight pipe, EGR Delete, PPE Rail Plug, Ported Fuel Rail Fittings, and a Batmowheel.

So far i have purchased a PPE Downpipe, Fass Titanium 150, Fass sump, Fass fuel filter delete, billet resinator and pcv plug, djm 6/8 drop, and steel braided hydroboost lines from dhd. I plan on installing all of the parts at the same time, is there anything else you guys would recommend me doing?
2na08y1.jpg

ALLY Fox

Old Man Truck
Dec 14, 2010
Oregon 7S5
Welcome, nice truck!!! I have found out (the hard way) that it's best to do one mod at a time if possible. I got ambitious once and spent an entire long weekend modding a whole bunch of stuff. When I was done, I got in, drove it and got a CEL right away. Took me a while to figure out what I did wrong. Take your time and make sure each mod works OK before you tackle the next one.
When I installed my lift pump, I spent some extra time adding a small fuse block and tap point off the IGN fuse for other mods (gauges, on-board air compressor, air horns, lift pump & some other future stuff).

Javlin42

May 20, 2016
I think you have covered all the bolt on dodads:D

Nothing else you could recommend? Not really sure where to go from here, hopefully I can make upper 500's with this setup.

Welcome, nice truck!!! I have found out (the hard way) that it's best to do one mod at a time if possible. I got ambitious once and spent an entire long weekend modding a whole bunch of stuff. When I was done, I got in, drove it and got a CEL right away. Took me a while to figure out what I did wrong. Take your time and make sure each mod works OK before you tackle the next one.
When I installed my lift pump, I spent some extra time adding a small fuse block and tap point off the IGN fuse for other mods (gauges, on-board air compressor, air horns, lift pump & some other future stuff).

Thanks! Yeah I'm definitely going to do one thing at a time. I like that fuse block idea.

Javlin42

May 20, 2016
I have no clue. I talked to the guy that rebuilt the engine and transmission and he said it's been 3 years ago and he doesn't remember.

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Oh boy... If that trans isn't "Built" it won't hold 500hp for long. As for upper 5's with your current setup. I doubt it, unless you have a freak, realistically low to mid 5's depending on cp3 and injector health. Beyond mid 5's your out of air;) This is with a max effort tune as well, not sure how aggressive your tune/tuner is.

Last edited:

Javlin42

May 20, 2016
Yeah with my luck I can already see a transmission in my future. Lol I was under the impression that these trucks could make upper 500's in close to stock trim. In the future I'd like to upgrade the turbo before doing a compound setup. The truck is supposed to have idaho rob tunes on it but I'm not sure if there is anyway to tell.

Budneeds2beers

Aka Mike Honcho....
Aug 25, 2016
Cali
Your truck is were im aiming to be. I just did intake, mouthpiece, downpipe, 4" strait pipe, blocker plate, finger stick ( no efi live yet ), and pcv reroute. In the next week i will be installing transfer case pump rub kit, brace, new trans mount, u-joints, carrier bearing, deep trans pan, outer front drive shaft seals, pinion seals, tail shaft seal, and tap shifter. If i have time im hoping to weld up my new winch bumper! For the most part thoe where your at is my goal for my truck. I was also thinking about doing headers/up pipes and a turbo from Danville. Nothing to crazy on the turbo just a highly reworked stocker. Cause i dont think i want to run big fuel. Just a lift pump. But like i said im aiming at the same boltons you have and ill be done with it cause i really dont want more headache then that. Your truck looks really nice thoe man glw it.