LML Upgrades without delete

Goss

Apr 4, 2016
Mulberry Grove, Il
So my truck is going in a week to get lift pump, wheels and s&b cold air intake. Im waiting for warranty to be gone before i delete. However i want to add a downpipe and dpf back exhaust when it goes in. My dealer said these wont void warranty if i dont tune. Question is, how many are running this setup. I am going to go with 5 inch exhaust. Will i gain any hp or torque? What about mpg?

02greysixer

Jun 4, 2011
North Central FL
Power and mileage gains will be minimal at best. Probably won't see any real world gains without a tune

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

slowlml

Undercover Epa agent
Feb 6, 2015
Strasburg Va/Wardensville Wv
Talk to your dealer about the fuel system warranty before you do a lift pump. Before mine was deleted and everything my dealer told me that if I had a cp4 issue it would not be covered because of the lift pump. If they say they won't void the warranty because of it get it in writing. They may say they won't but they'll be singing a different tune when they're the ones forking out 8+k for your fuel system...
As much as I hate to say this..lol I agree with josh. Delete/tune/and throw a stock cp3 or sportsman on it if your not looking to make more than 650 down the road. Most of the warranty issues are on emissions related items or the cp4 anyways.
Your gains will be minimal to non existing with a dpf back system also. No sound difference either. Save your money for a real exhaust.. If your trying to get rid of the tip just throw a mbrp one on the stock exhaust or something

And josh before you say anything the reason I recommended a sportsman was because most cp3 conversions for our trucks come with one unless you go bigger or source a stock lbz lmm pump.

Goss

Apr 4, 2016
Mulberry Grove, Il
Yep talked to shop doing work today they reccomemd not doing exhaust or downpipe until i delete. I asked several people at dealer about lift pump and cai, they all agreed unless i delete or tune im good. The shop doing the work has a chevy dealer they do lifts/levels etc and they have writong from them they warranty yhe work so of my dealer renegs ill go to the other. Just sucks i want to delete and i domt wont more than 500ish as i haul a horse trailer, i hate being stock

iPhattMatt

Looking for a new job!!
Sep 2, 2011
Moorpark, CA
I have a 2011 LML and I wanted to do something to my truck but I am not ready to tune it or anything so I decided to do just a downpipe, sounds stupid I know. I don't have any gauges so I can't provide any real numbers.

In my experience with just a downpipe, the truck runs cooler. It takes a lot to get it to the 220 operating temp on the dash and is probably running about 10-20 degrees cooler than stock. The first time I went through a regen my truck was just dumping ash out the back pretty solid. It did this on 2 0-85mph pulls at WOT. Typically I would get some ash, but more like a puff and it was done. After that, the ash during regens settled down. I would say I didn't gain any MPGs, but just a slightly quickly spool up and sometimes it felt like it has more torque when I needed to punch it.

It took me about 6hrs to swap it out, but if I had to do it again, it would probably take about 2-3 hours. I tried to get the downpipe out by forcing it between the frame and the trans, but it need to come out over the frame through the wheel well.

here is a good write up of the process: http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/3-...1-lml-down-pipe-removal-process-2013-gmc.html

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
It's been posted before if you swap out the DP you lose a little power and no real change in egts etc. Not that it a bad idea, but they ain't magic.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

roxyfever

Feb 11, 2016
terrell tx
Duramax tuner did a test with emissions compliant tuning and the gains from delete hp vs emissions hp are the same. They also have a stock lml with a stealth 64 turbo and made 600hp thru factory exhaust and emissions. All this is on a 2012

So if your just looking for 500hp. you could do a cp3 swap and tune it with lift pump and your there

Goss

Apr 4, 2016
Mulberry Grove, Il
Duramax tuner did a test with emissions compliant tuning and the gains from delete hp vs emissions hp are the same. They also have a stock lml with a stealth 64 turbo and made 600hp thru factory exhaust and emissions. All this is on a 2012

So if your just looking for 500hp. you could do a cp3 swap and tune it with lift pump and your there

I would buy the tuner now, and delete later, the problem is once that tuner touches the truck, warranty is gone. Trying to keep warranty and gain everything I can, at least until the 36K is gone. So i will just put miles on it and try (key word) to be patient and live with a CAI and lift pump