Update/ friendly advice

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
The LMM plate is a 2 person job. With 2 people you can do one in 15-20 minutes provided you get a good plate, and know how to trim it. Fought the 1st one for over an hour before I figured out how to trim one, next one dropped right in once I got a helper. One guy goes through the wheel well to pry the up pipe back, and the other guy drops it in from above. As to the delete kit, I know a few guys have cursed them after the delete allowed the bellows in the up pipe to flex, crack, and then left them replacing/welding the pipe to fix it. As to the exhaust, you're putting in an exhaust meant for an 01-05 truck, on an 07.5-10 truck. Of course some of the hangers won't match up and some work is required. I helped a couple of guys do the 4" DE kits on there LMM's, and they weren't bad. Yes we had to modify a few hangers, I believe we had to relocate 1 even, but not bad of an install at all IMHO.

That's how I do them but no helper:D I wish I could remember the delete plate that just dropped in place, or I just got really lucky. I usually trim it up and have it sitting up there while I pull the wheel, skirt and stick a long pry bar in between the head and the up-pipe, then listen for the jingle as it falls in place:thumb:

Idahodmax

Dec 22, 2015
See I have a really short tolerance for mechanical work.. I like it, till it gets tough, than my first reaction is to break stuff and flip a house.. perhaps a doll house, but a house non the less