Update/ friendly advice

Idahodmax

Dec 22, 2015
Ok so this past week/weekend has been nothing all my free time getting my truck loaded with efi and a 5inch dp back exhaust..

Efi live by kory willis: love it, super easy to understand
Diamond eye 5in dp back straight pipe : love the tone, biggest lain in my butt to get it installed. Fought every hangar, fought every joint.. and who sends a new kit and requires for new pipe to be cut??:mad::mad:

Still waiting for sinister delete to be installed.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
IIRC, many exhaust kits are made for more than one body config. Bet yours was also for a CC/LB. Nothing to get worked up about. You're going to find out a lot worse as you go along in the diesel performance game.

Lparrill

And here we go again
Jul 30, 2010
Lander, WY
I agree. I just installed a 5" Magna flow on my brothers truck this morning and it fit like a breeze. I did have to cut off 13" to account for a short box vs long and also you have to cut for cab config as Tom said above

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
I charge $150 to remove stock exhaust, and install a new system. People complain about the cost until they do one themselves....:)

Idahodmax

Dec 22, 2015
I get that most kits are made to fit all cab and bed sizes.. but I've helped with exhaust installs on other manufacturers kits, it took me and a buddy 5 hrs.. directions suck, and not thorough.. and other kits just toss in a few pieces cut to length to fit different cab styles.. I am from pendleton oregon just a few miles from DE factory so I was partial to them and this was the first time I have installed their product and not impressed. I I had to use tie wire to catch a hangar cause the hangar sent was not even close to matching up, dp tie-in piece with the 90 bend, it's angle was off and put the pipe sitting about 3 or 4 inches off its hangar and was a little cautious on tightening it down

Jun 29, 2015
Las Vegas, Nevada
Ok so this past week/weekend has been nothing all my free time getting my truck loaded with efi and a 5inch dp back exhaust..

Efi live by kory willis: love it, super easy to understand
Diamond eye 5in dp back straight pipe : love the tone, biggest lain in my butt to get it installed. Fought every hangar, fought every joint.. and who sends a new kit and requires for new pipe to be cut??:mad::mad:

Still waiting for sinister delete to be installed.

How much did everything cost you?

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Just my personal opinion....

Send back the sinister delete and buy a $10 egr plate and a pcv reroute kit.. I wouldn't put sinister on my lawn mower..

Aug 3, 2013
Arizona
^agreed. If you were angry installing the exhaust, im sorry for what the delete will do to you ;) the blocker plate is very easy/quick to install.

Idahodmax

Dec 22, 2015
Ya I'm taking it to a buddy that is a automotive tech so it shouldn't be terrible but I have heard about the nightmares the in sues with a egr delete, and why is sinister such a bad brand?? Everything looks like it'd made of quality materal

Jan 28, 2015
Ohio
Pain really. Down pipe is worse on them also. But everything is possible just close your eyes when your frustrated lol.

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
The LMM plate is a 2 person job. With 2 people you can do one in 15-20 minutes provided you get a good plate, and know how to trim it. Fought the 1st one for over an hour before I figured out how to trim one, next one dropped right in once I got a helper. One guy goes through the wheel well to pry the up pipe back, and the other guy drops it in from above. As to the delete kit, I know a few guys have cursed them after the delete allowed the bellows in the up pipe to flex, crack, and then left them replacing/welding the pipe to fix it. As to the exhaust, you're putting in an exhaust meant for an 01-05 truck, on an 07.5-10 truck. Of course some of the hangers won't match up and some work is required. I helped a couple of guys do the 4" DE kits on there LMM's, and they weren't bad. Yes we had to modify a few hangers, I believe we had to relocate 1 even, but not bad of an install at all IMHO.

henery97

Apr 4, 2011
Nebraska
I've had terrible luck with diamond eye. I refuse to buy their product ever again. MBRP fits wayyyyy better. Last diamond eye I installed I had to cut and weld the pipes bc they where about 10" of from lining up and hit every crossmember you can imagine.