Type of trans oil

Lb7joezay

Feb 18, 2015
I have about 256k miles on my lb7 Duramax. What would be the best transmission oil to run on my truck?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lb7joezay

Feb 18, 2015
I bought my truck from my grandpa but the problem is that he don't recall what they put in it before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
I run super tech dex 3 I get at walmart. It's like 10 or 11 a gallon. Evan recommended it to me

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Now you guys have me thinking, I've been using transynd all this time

Something I've always wanted to explore was which different makes or types of trans fluid are more compatible with the different types of clutches available, and which fluids are best for certain situations and uses (racing, towing, pulling, etc).

Evan@InglewoodTrans

yerp
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 5, 2010
Western MA
Something I've always wanted to explore was which different makes or types of trans fluid are more compatible with the different types of clutches available, and which fluids are best for certain situations and uses (racing, towing, pulling, etc).

We have used everything from walmart supertech to quatrasyn and for the big power trucks we have seen no difference in longevity from the cheap stuff to the expensive fluid.

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
I know that part that I questioned but made me feel a little better was the Walmart super tech stuff says on the back of the bottle that it flows or is good to -40F so maybe that will help the truck as it was really pissed last year when we had a week spell of -30. The trans sounded horrid until it ran for a few min

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
Been running cheap valvoline blue bottle dex3 in all my builds. It works great. The only fluid I can find cheaper is the walmart dex 3.

The valvoline is $16 a gallon at walmart.

Almost a year on my current build at over 1000whp and it's still kicking right along as good as the day I built it.