LML Type of Diesel/Additives

IronDX

Jun 14, 2013
Those with DPFs its probably best not to use a fuel additive. Iv read that most fuel additives can cause extra regens, or more often regens when using a fuel additive. Just use ULSD fuel. Or LMMs B5 max & LML B20 max.

AubleAK

Aug 5, 2011
Glennallen, AK
Those with DPFs its probably best not to use a fuel additive. Iv read that most fuel additives can cause extra regens, or more often regens when using a fuel additive. Just use ULSD fuel. Or LMMs B5 max & LML B20 max.

Stanydyne works fine as well power service does too, i have noticed no extra regens, not have i ever heard of that

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
I have heard so many different stories from owners of dmax with dpf about additives vs regens and no two stories match so you cant really say if its the addative or the construction of the dpf, my guess is that they are so different from truck to truck that some never skip a beat with addatives and some regen every time the truck is ran and some just take a dump.

which makes me so glad my truck came with zero emissions equipment and I will never buy a newer model, eff that government nonsense.

AubleAK

Aug 5, 2011
Glennallen, AK
I think alot of it has to do with idle time. More i idle, more i get regens. The alyeska pipeline runs only Duramax trucks. They run a bottle of power service every fill up during summer and winter. Those trucks get driving all day and night tho, there isn't a lot of idle time. But before i bought my lml
I was talking to the guys at work and they said they rarely have problems with the dpf.

IronDX

Jun 14, 2013
I myself have had my truck regen to soon when using Power Service DK. Every 200-280 miles. As soon as I stopped using it the regens didnt come as often as they did with the additive added. Took about 3 full tank fulls to get my truck to regen every 300-380 miles.

IronDX

Jun 14, 2013
For only a 100 mile difference does it matter?
Yep. Every little helps. Regens arent just based on miles. Its more of a matter of fuel used in those miles. With a fuel additive regening every 1/2 tank about 12-13 gal of fuel used @ 200-280 miles vs no fuel additive every 3/4 of a tank 16-19 gal of fuel used @ 300-380 miles.

ceide4489

May 15, 2013
There are different quality of dyed fuels. Say you work in oilfield. The dyed fuelup here is a lower grade than pump fuel still ULSD but a lower quality to keep costs down.

I used to run a lot of it and you could tell easily. Would lose at least 2-4 MPG running rig fuel.