Tyler, TX

Novak

SQUIRREL TRYN TO GET A NUT
Jun 15, 2015
Cloud 9, IDAHO
Howdy gentlemen. I just popped into Tyler for a few days on a little business trip. Been here an hour and have already seen a slew of diesels out and about. Just asking if anyone is from here and where does a guy go for food here???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I'm in Van about 25 miles east. What kind of food are you looking for?

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Jucy's is a local chain restaurant that has really good burgers. If you looking for something a little nicer, there's a couple of places down town that have good food. Jack Ryan's and Ricks on the Square are both pretty good (a little pricey, but good). If you want actual BBQ, there's a local place that is supposed to be pretty good (I have never personally eaten there) called Stanley's Famous Pit BBQ or a semi-local chain BBQ restaurant called Spring Creek BBQ that is really good too. If you want some fast food, Whataburger is a good regional fast food restaurant.

kiwilml

Nov 4, 2015
I literally just seen that on google maps. My only reaction was "sounds like an In N Out"

Not as good as In N Out in my opinion

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Rodwerx

Apr 27, 2015
Texas
If you're willing to drive to Van, my kids say that Soul Man's BBQ pretty good. It's on the I-20 service road.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Novak

SQUIRREL TRYN TO GET A NUT
Jun 15, 2015
Cloud 9, IDAHO
055ae763b8deb12a0a12dcd672773a8f.jpg

I went to Whattaburger.... I'm glad I did though, there was a clean LML there to stare at through the window while I ate in silence hahaha.

Souls BBQ sounds like a solid name for a good place. I went to a place in Spokane last month called Chicken N' Mo based off the name....and it was the rough side of town. Like "is that lady arguing with hereself?" kinda bad but damn those were good chicken sandwiches.

wilrob

Back in the Motherland
Sep 14, 2016
Dallas, TX
If you like breakfast, Whataburger's honey butter chicken biscuit (I think) is pretty dang good..