Twins upgraded...

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
I have been working on this upgrade for awhile. Turbo upgrades are Comp Turbo 82MM billet over a Gt4094avnt. I had to mod my old twin kit again to fit the Comp turbo, new turbo mount & adjust the waste gate pipe a little. All in all pretty painless but sort of a hassle in the driveway:D
IMG_0394.jpg

IMG_0385.jpg

IMG_0393.jpg

Color is Candy Blue with a silver flake base coat, really pops in the sun...

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Thanks Guys!

Reece,
It runs good... Im to chicken Sh*t to get on it to hard:D I just barely got the gauges in and working so maybe tomorrow we will let her sing a little.

BALBZ

Aug 3, 2011
Eastern Shore of MD
I like it man! Keep us updated on how this setup works i am planning to upgrade my kit the same way. Im looking for some first hand drive pressure readings using the 4094. Im still undecided whether im going to go with a 366 or a 4094vvt. Could you post some before and after track times or dyno numbers? The blue looks awesome too :thumb:

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Wow looks great Albert,careful with the throttle your lowerend is gonna hate you :D
I here ya Scott. She has to hold together for my trip to the states next month.

Is that an electic boost gauge? Looks awesome:woott:
Yes fully electric. Took me a bit to get them wired in. The older Spek gauges don't come with enough wire so I had to solder extensions. They are pretty bad ass...

I like it man! Keep us updated on how this setup works i am planning to upgrade my kit the same way. Im looking for some first hand drive pressure readings using the 4094. Im still undecided whether im going to go with a 366 or a 4094vvt. Could you post some before and after track times or dyno numbers? The blue looks awesome too :thumb:
Well before track times with the old setup are easy... 14.00 flat @ 98 mph :eek: Only held 16,500 rail pressure. No Dyno in the state that Can support the weight of a diesel truck... Unless the new dyno owners in Anchorage put it underground or rebuild the hydraulics to lift a diesel truck up. Not sure it's a big priority for just a few trucks. I'll keep you posted on Drive pressure & track times. Still waiting for the under the mirror gauge mount thats where my other 100 psi drive pressure gauge will go.

Really nice work. Hope you dont blow the motor.
Thanks. Well you gotta pay to play... I have no illusions of the LLY rods holding this for long. I have another short block to build. I left the dual fueler off at least:D

Subman

Old Geezer
Jun 27, 2008
Madras, OR, Pahrump NV
Wow, not much left of the old original setup, too bad in some ways, it was the very first production twin setup from MPI for an LB7. Nathan did do a pro type for Juice, but this was the set he built the first set of jigs from. That set got around, Boise, Bend Or, Finland and Alaska. about the only think recognizable anymore are those two pop off valve ports that Nathan put on some of the very first sets of twins. Looks good Albert, when are you going to be in Boise?:thumb:

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Actually Ken most of the original piping is still there. I made the crossover pipe from the big to little turbo one piece with a o-ring flange, before it was the cool thing to do... The hot pipe is pretty much unchanged. Nathan helped me with the parts to fix the small turbo outlet. I had to scrap the old turbo mount all together, it is still in the garage though. Turbo has been upgraded twice now. I f-ed up the original when I rebuilt it:eek: & installed a gt4202r cartridge, now a comp 82. The original turbo now has a billet wheel polished housing & will be going on as a Big brother to a stock LMM.

Anywho, I should be in Boise sometime in June. Did you have a date when you would be there? My schedule is pretty wide open for the month and its only 3.5 hours from Salmon.