Turbo veins

Brabham 64

May 26, 2014
Yesterday (I had been driving all day) and then I went out to start the lly and head to the house from a friends and I hopped in started it, began to back up, and turn around when I noticed the turbo veins open/close 4-5 times in a row. I've heard the veins cycle before but only once after start up. Yesterday it cycled then cycled again then cycled again etc.

Should I be worried something is going bad? Sensor etc?

Thx

56taskforce

Mar 30, 2014
I usually start my truck in the morning then feed the horses. I have noticed mine will sometimes cycle the turbo veins three to five times while idling for an extended time.
I haven't given it much thought but it has done it since I got it and never had a problem.

Brabham 64

May 26, 2014
Yeah I've never I notice it cycle this fast. It cycled almost immediately after just cycling which was kind of weird.

Schwinn68

little gearhead
Jan 9, 2008
Minooka IL
Check your air filter. A dirty air filter will make the turbo act strange. I just had this with mine and a new filter with no other changes solved the issue

Brabham 64

May 26, 2014
It was the second day with the aem intake. But it was used before I got it. The air filter looked clean threw it.

I was told it was an aem dryflow filter but the metal divider on it says k&n so do I oil it or not?????

Schwinn68

little gearhead
Jan 9, 2008
Minooka IL
I just switched from an oiled s&b intake to a dry filter s&b. the oiled filter looked clean but was caked with fine dust causing low air flow. The new filter cured my cycling issues.