Turbo questions and Oil leak ??

J_Stone06

Wasn't me...🥴
Oct 13, 2012
Nowhere, KS
Thanks guys. I ended up using a universal 3/8" adapter and a couple different extensions and topped off with a 1/2" to 3/8" adapter and a 1/2" breaker . HOLY $H1* that sucked getting the turbo out of the valley. I ended up screwing up the Oil feed line:mad: and put a little dent in the bottom of the oil return. I'm pretty sure I also jacked up my A/C lines as it gave a few good hisses when I was pulling the turbo out. In reflect, I probably should have evac'd the A/C lines and disconnected them along with the coolant line that crosses over in the area. I was just trying to take as little out as possible. :eek:

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
Take off the belt, unbolt the A/C compressor, and swing it on top of the passenger battery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J_Stone06

Wasn't me...🥴
Oct 13, 2012
Nowhere, KS
Take off the belt, unbolt the A/C compressor, and swing it on top of the passenger battery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did take off the belt and unbolt the A/C compressor, but due to the A/C lines starting out as rubber , it transitions to solid lines after a couple feet or so.

kiwilml

Nov 4, 2015
Lol I know it messed with me when I pulled my old lbz turbo.. We looked at that dent and thought we'd done it for a little bit but then I looked at it closer and thought about how I pulled it out and just didn't make sense..

J_Stone06

Wasn't me...🥴
Oct 13, 2012
Nowhere, KS
How did yall get the old turbo out/in without destroying the oil feed line? Obviously not as applicable with remote feed applications, just asking about the stock configuration.