LB7: turbo hoses

motoking_1990

May 9, 2011
Terre Haute, IN
Well today I noticed my truck was kinda dogish and had black smoke on my race tune. So I popped the hood and found a hole about 1 1/2'' in my hose right after the turbo. It looks like the hole was blown open. So now im in the market of a new one. Does anyone know of any aftermarket hoses? Maybe all metal ones or something that might add a few horses? I figure since it went out why not look into something I can benefit from instead of putting the factory one back on. Also looking to buy a better intercooler possibly if anyone has one for sale. I should have replaced it when my turbo blew a year ago but didn't.

TeaBagger2006

Im a Garrett Nut Swinger
May 11, 2008
Bis ND
The factory one is that long 90 silicone boot, right?

Get rid of that chit and replace the whole pipe with a 1 piece pipe.

motoking_1990

May 9, 2011
Terre Haute, IN
I want one piece hoses. Thats what I was wondering who sethem and if anyone had any sitting around that they wanted to get rid of. yes its the 90 degree hose

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I looked on afe website and didn't see any. I saw intakes but not piping for after the turbo to inner cooler.
They don't list them to fit an LB7 for some reason. I have put them on 2 different LB7s, and they fit fine. However, both of them had aftermarket turbos, so I can't guarantee how well they fit with a stock turbo. Here is the page on AFE's site: http://afepower.com/shop/details_new.php?partno=46-20049. The thing I like about the AFE pipe is it gets rid of the bottom factory boot and makes it a straight boot.

Harbin_22

Dec 4, 2010
Southern Indiana
I like my afe tube, but it keeps sliding off some at each end. Not all the way off, but enough usually to make it touch something. Have used hairspray and tightened the clamps as much as possible with the same results.