turbo boost valve... does it make a diff?

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
or one can be made for less than $10 with gadgets from your local hardware store. I got one. :D I didn't make one because one that WAS homemade was given to me for free (well, paid the shipping) by someone upgrading to a larger turbo. (anyone remember ol' C.A.P.?? :cool2: )

C-ya

Alligator

Nov 9, 2006
N. Idaho
Sometimes it's nice to be able to make your own stuff, but in my world, time is money. Spending 45 minutes going to the hardware store, assembling it for another 15 minutes, and installing it for another 15 minutes it would have cost me $200. The PPE valve takes all the guess work out of it, and you don't have to go anywhere but to your computer to order one. $27 + 5 minutes to order + 15 min. install and your done...

radvans

Jun 4, 2007
SoCal
For the guys with bigger tunes....what boost do you run with the ppe in? I took mine out after about 5000 miles on my first turbo. With just the ppe lv10 it would spike and hold 35pds on my gauge. 35 is the highest mine goes so it must have been higher since the turbo only last 5000 miles with it. Once I took it out I could spike 35 and hold 32 in 5th. I figured that was safer on the stock turbo. Now with efi it runs just about the same on any large tune I run. Am I missing something?

The Neens

BFD
Staff member
Aug 10, 2006
Monrovia, Ca.
Sometimes it's nice to be able to make your own stuff, but in my world, time is money. Spending 45 minutes going to the hardware store, assembling it for another 15 minutes, and installing it for another 15 minutes it would have cost me $200. The PPE valve takes all the guess work out of it, and you don't have to go anywhere but to your computer to order one. $27 + 5 minutes to order + 15 min. install and your done...

Exactly...About a year and a half ago I decided to get creative...Wasted alot of time and a few bucks trying to make my own...Wasn't worth it...

diamondshocks

crash skippy racing
Feb 15, 2009
Fargo, NS
www.diamondshocks.com
For the guys with bigger tunes....what boost do you run with the ppe in? I took mine out after about 5000 miles on my first turbo. With just the ppe lv10 it would spike and hold 35pds on my gauge. 35 is the highest mine goes so it must have been higher since the turbo only last 5000 miles with it. Once I took it out I could spike 35 and hold 32 in 5th. I figured that was safer on the stock turbo. Now with efi it runs just about the same on any large tune I run. Am I missing something?

id get rid of the it then and get an adjustible wastegate or an adjustible boost controller. you need to get it down aorund 30

JMK777

16's, but i keep em clean
Mar 20, 2008
Moss Beach
if you don't want to spend any money just drill a hole 1/16"-1/8" in the hose going to the waste gate. (poor mans boost valve:D)

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Looked like it spiked 32/33 on upshifts, then steadily dropped to 27/28, at least on the two shifts I looked at (3-4 and 4-5). I was kinda busy....