Tuning Writeup Call Out Challenge

duramaxnate

Professional Amateur
Feb 18, 2014
Norco, CA
www.mcfooracing.com
The best write up and or tutorial would be starting with getting to know your newly purchased. Getting all the software installed and configured for your ease of use.

Setting up the scan tool for data logging, understanding pids, sample pid files, understanding the dashboard and selecting the pids you want. Also re scaling them.
Connecting to the truck and the logging process, and even sorta explain what your looking at and how to read it.

There could be another one explaining each table by providing further details of what this table does and what this references to or from. But hindsight is 20/20 on this one.

But mainly datalogging is imo the most important thing every truck owner with efilive needs to be able to do.
I had a big write up on how to do but can't find it. I will sometimes remote into friend's laptops and get them prepped for logging and making sure they understand what they are looking at and telling you what the truck is doing.

I think this write up will be a tool for a lot of people. This is more realistic to have people use than a "tuning" one. And also, there is more than one way to tune these things, sure some are flat out wrong and others have it working in their favor.

Just sharing a different perspective.

But I can see where Tom's coming from as well.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
As others have mentioned, the tables are labeled and with a little understanding of how a common rail works you should be able to get most everything figured out. Things like timing and boost are discussed to no end here and on other sites

Now if you wanted to expand on the software's description then you are probably better off making a thread one each table and having a lengthy discussion about it.

Trying to make one thread containing all of the tables and alterations to make will probably be overwhelming

But making a thread on each table would likely need its own place here so as to not get lost amongst all the other tuning related threads

My 2¢

raceghost

Animal
Sep 28, 2018
Out West
Now if you wanted to expand on the software's description then you are probably better off making a thread one each table and having a lengthy discussion about it.

Mostly what I was going for.

But making a thread on each table would likely need its own place here so as to not get lost amongst all the other tuning related threads

Not if the title is correct, and we make them a sticky if all discussion mostly agrees about them. No different then any other sticky that is 90% true... 10% user error.

Or make a sticky folder specifically relating to these specific threads, titled correctly.