Tuning for dummies

Big Chris

2 Duramaxes> 1 Duramax
Mar 30, 2010
Rives Junction MI
I've had EFI live since 07 and have never bothered to learn to tune. I want to modify my tunes from Duramax tuner to be able to run an S366 in my LLY. What needs to be changed in what tables???

I just want to be able to drive the truck after the turbo swap. I'll pay Nick for new tunes after I get bigger nozzles. Thanks

fullpullalex

Moar Powah Pleez
Feb 22, 2013
Mass
Presumably you will be flowing more air and have quicker spool up. If you think about what fuel adjustments and throttle position will be needed I think that will lead you in the right direction. Trim is increased a decent amount, its a 2 mm larger inducer iirc, and all that jazz.

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
Adjust the limp home fuel limit to max. With the VGt unplugged it will be in a 2000rpm max fuel limp with no codes

fullpullalex

Moar Powah Pleez
Feb 22, 2013
Mass
Spool is based on turbine size.. The 66mm may have a 71 or 73 turbine. Stock is way tighter.

Correct. I was tossing out info that was coming to mind that he may want to consider... should've been more precise.

Chris, like they said you're going to have to make adjustments because of the vane controller. You will want to make some fueling changes if you're talking about physically adjusting the tuning as well.

Big Chris

2 Duramaxes> 1 Duramax
Mar 30, 2010
Rives Junction MI
Thanks for the help guys. I played around with a tune tonight and I think I have all the turbo related codes set to no mil. I just need to make time for the turbo swap now.

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
any codes that do pop up just search realted tables that match.

lly are pretty easy, but sometimes shutting codes off dont help.

if ya run in to a bind PM me you email addy and ill help a out.

you will benifit from timing changes in the lower areas to aid in spooling, but not to get the truck running