Tuner, Exhaust, Intake

sdc05gmc2500hd

May 18, 2012
I'm new to the site so i might be posting this in the wrong place. So if i am let me know. I just bought an 0505 gmc 2500 hd. And as i ripe though the miles of warranty lol. Im almost ready to start to play. Im looking for ideas and thoughts on tuner (chip), exhaust i think dual, and an intake. So feel free to give me as much info as u can. Thanks

Texas Chevy

Feb 14, 2011
Vista, Ca
For a tuner Definatly get EFI and have someone make the tunes for you. As for exhaust and intake maybe someone else will chime in

AubleAK

Aug 5, 2011
Glennallen, AK
Efi live. I have a 4 inch turbo back exhaust, straight pipe. Loud enough for me. Bill makes some nice intakes. Billscustomintakes.com

Trotorx2

Sep 21, 2006
Beaumont, Texas
I have an MBRP exhaust and an S&B intake and like them both...really good for the money. Tuner...well it depends on what you are going to do with your truck. If racing or pulling EFI is the way to go but if you just want something cheap and plug and play either the Predator or PPE tuners. I had the Predator and liked it...best bang for the buck.

LWATSON

future trans limpers
Jul 30, 2008
Scotland Neck NC
If your going to keep it mild with a stock trans I'd just go PPE. Plenty of power there to destroy the trans if you crank it up and a really good programer. Huge power on the upper levels good fuel mileage and the drivability and power delivery is perfect.

sdc05gmc2500hd

May 18, 2012
I have been looking for a programmer and i found a BD diesel programmer. Has anyone I every used one or know anyone that has. And what did they think?

mplecha

May 13, 2012
South Carolina
I'm in the same spot with my LLY. When you guys recommend efilive, are you talking about the $900 tuner on their site or one of the others?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

arneson

Aug 14, 2011
stoughton, wisconsin
X2. Id get efi live. It runs roughly 5-550 for a dps 5 which gives u 5 tunes to choose. Its built for your truck. I had a predator before my trans was built. It was nice, but after i did my trans and twin turbos i went efi live. Its alot smooter then before to. There are tons of tuners to look into.

sdc05gmc2500hd

May 18, 2012
I went with efi live edge cst sb cold air intake afe blade turbo boot mbrp down pipe and 4" cool dual. Snd i love it