Trucks not taking throttle.

GMC_2002_Dmax

The Still Master
I have no idea what I'm looking at really. I've sent two different tuners logs and it's just a waste of time so far.

The log you sent me on the DSP2 tune showed at 86% APP-D, you had 67+ lbs of MAF at 3000 rpm with 2642pw/26 deg timing.

You also said in the email it smokes and is slow to build boost.

The tune you are running is also in at least a dozen other 4094 or Cheetah trucks, all LMM's.

After looking at the logs again it appears that once the truck gets going it is fine, it is just getting it going.

Is your TCM tune stock ??? Maybe with the lift and heavy rims/larger tires you need a downshift sooner so you are not lugging it.

Try the "M" mode and downshift manually when accelerating, if it fixes it then you need a custom tcm tune.

:thumb:

Tank222

Feb 17, 2010
Frederick,MD
The log you sent me on the DSP2 tune showed at 86% APP-D, you had 67+ lbs of MAF at 3000 rpm with 2642pw/26 deg timing.

You also said in the email it smokes and is slow to build boost.

The tune you are running is also in at least a dozen other 4094 or Cheetah trucks, all LMM's.

After looking at the logs again it appears that once the truck gets going it is fine, it is just getting it going.

Is your TCM tune stock ??? Maybe with the lift and heavy rims/larger tires you need a downshift sooner so you are not lugging it.

Try the "M" mode and downshift manually when accelerating, if it fixes it then you need a custom tcm tune.

:thumb:

It's not getting the truck going that is the issue. It's keeping the truck going once in 6th gear. I know I can down shift but I should not have to. I should be able to roll on the throttle and the truck pick up speed. Which it is not doing.
The truck will not lug at all period. That is the issue i'm trying to fix.

Tank222

Feb 17, 2010
Frederick,MD
Not sure what all these codes really mean, or if they are just like soft codes from doing all the deletes.
P0571 is the only one that will trip the Reduce power message.
P0405
P154D
P154B
P2033
P0546
P02E8

Harbin_22

Dec 4, 2010
Southern Indiana
Have you logged it at the moment it is doing it? Like if you can hold the throttle where you think it should be picking up speed but not doing anything, start logging it there.

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
Not sure what all these codes really mean, or if they are just like soft codes from doing all the deletes.
P0571 is the only one that will trip the Reduce power message.
P0405
P154D
P154B
P2033
P0546
P02E8

P0571 Cruise Control Brake Switch Circuit ECM, PCM DTC P0571

DTC P0405: Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) Position Sensor Circuit Low Voltage

DTC P154D: Intake Air (IA) Heater Temperature Signal Circuit.

DTC P154B: Intake Air (IA) Heater Voltage Signal Circuit

DTC P2033: Exhaust Temperature Sensor 2 (EGT-2) Circuit High Voltage

DTC P0546: Exhaust Temperature Sensor 1 (EGT-1) Circuit High Voltage

DTC P02E8: Diesel Intake Air (IA) Flow Position Sensor Circuit Low Voltage

Tank222

Feb 17, 2010
Frederick,MD
Stock no because of all of my deletes. I have tried two different tuners though. I'm going to order new y bridge gaskets because I'm pretty sure it's leaking.

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
Just jumped in my truck to haul a car up the road.
When your driving down the road and start to give it gas its not responding until almost 3/4 throttle. Like you just keep pushing on the throttle and nothing happens till you almost floor it.

It's not getting the truck going that is the issue. It's keeping the truck going once in 6th gear. I know I can down shift but I should not have to. I should be able to roll on the throttle and the truck pick up speed. Which it is not doing.

I'm a little lost with the post in red and blue above ? One time in the first post kinda sounds like its hard to get going. Then in the next post in red you say it's not a issue getting going.

Then in the first post in blue you say you kinda almost have to floor it before it moves up in the top end I take it. The the next post your saying it's hard to keep it going up top.

Is this before of after changing the vane sensor? They do have different part numbers I will double check the numbers in a few mins for you.

With the codes above the P0571 seems to follow you. Do you have current codes or are these phantom codes in the background that are turned off. The P0571 is the one I would dig around and look into more.

Tank222

Feb 17, 2010
Frederick,MD
I'm a little lost with the post in red and blue above ? One time in the first post kinda sounds like its hard to get going. Then in the next post in red you say it's not a issue getting going.

Then in the first post in blue you say you kinda almost have to floor it before it moves up in the top end I take it. The the next post your saying it's hard to keep it going up top.

Is this before of after changing the vane sensor? They do have different part numbers I will double check the numbers in a few mins for you.

With the codes above the P0571 seems to follow you. Do you have current codes or are these phantom codes in the background that are turned off. The P0571 is the one I would dig around and look into more.

When your driving down the road, getting up to speed isn't the issue. Full throttle runs are fine as well. It's when your up to speed and cruising is when the problem starts. I go to ease into the throttle and its not responding until almost 3/4 throttle. Like you just keep pushing on the throttle and nothing happens till you almost floor it. The truck will not lug at all it's just flat.

Hopefully that fixed it. I had it worded wrong. Changing the vain position sensor made no change at all. It did it before and after.
The P0571 light will come on almost every time I drive the truck, and the message ''reduce engine power'' comes on.
The other ones are only coming up if I run the scan with my v2.

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo

When your driving down the road, getting up to speed isn't the issue. Full throttle runs are fine as well. It's when your up to speed and cruising is when the problem starts. I go to ease into the throttle and its not responding until almost 3/4 throttle. Like you just keep pushing on the throttle and nothing happens till you almost floor it. The truck will not lug at all it's just flat.

Hopefully that fixed it. I had it worded wrong. Changing the vain position sensor made no change at all. It did it before and after.
The P0571 light will come on almost every time I drive the truck, and the message ''reduce engine power'' comes on.
The other ones are only coming up if I run the scan with my v2.

The P0571 should not be coming on every time. I have codes like the other one your talking about you have to scan to see them other then that never know there there. But that P0571 is causing a issue with the truck I with look around in Gm service info and post in that area and link what I find for it.

Tank222

Feb 17, 2010
Frederick,MD
The P0571 should not be coming on every time. I have codes like the other one your talking about you have to scan to see them other then that never know there there. But that P0571 is causing a issue with the truck I with look around in Gm service info and post in that area and link what I find for it.

OK thanks.

Tank222

Feb 17, 2010
Frederick,MD
What about the solenoid on the side of the turbo going bad? Causing it to close/open the vains all the way once the truck flattens out?

gr8shot

Practically stock
Apr 28, 2009
Grand Island, NE
You should be able to watch/log vane position to see if its doing what's commanded. Seems like I remember someone having a similar issue and he had melted his exhaust wheel a little and it was a laggy pig with no codes pointing straight to the issue.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2

baggedLB7

Goer
May 1, 2011
Utah
This may sound stupid but what your saying it does sounds like when im crusing down the freeway with the cruise control on and I want to speed up to go around someone but dont take off the cc so I just push the pedal to speed up but nothing happens until the pedal is pushed 1/2 or 3/4 the way down and then starts to speed up. But if you take the cc off the pedal is normal.

Makes me think your p0571 my be the issue. But I am just a half wit when it comes to tunning.

Tank222

Feb 17, 2010
Frederick,MD
When it happens my turbo vains are staying right at 87% then the truck down shifts and they go down. One tune I have my edge says they are at 100% then it kicks down.
I'm going to try and do the tests for the P0571 this week.