LMM: Truck stuck in Limp mode P0299 & P2510

portmax29

Nov 20, 2010
Hello everyone, i have a 07.5 RCLB duramax thats trying to get me to pull me hair out. I recently (2 weeks ago) had Mike L do my trans and then had Idaho rob up my tunes. Everything has been running smooth as of yesterday. I installed the airdog 2, everything went smooth. Took truck for a spin, level 3 ran smooth turned to level 5 and got on it, once i slowed down i got the code P0299. Cleared the code went for another spin and same code came back with p2510 and P0299. My insight cts gauge is showing 0 psi on the boost gauge. I pressure checked the system, no leaks. I cleaned out the MAF sensor, installed a new MAP sensor, new fuel filter, and unplugged the batteries for about a hour. Now my boost gauge is showing 37 psi at idle and cant get any codes to come up. Truck seems to be stuck in limp mode. Truck feels gutless as if the turbo isnt spooling. I've checked the Airdog fuel lines to make sure i put them in the right location and they are correct. truck dont smoke but a small haze and egts get up really high.

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Anyone have any ideas what it could be?

portmax29

Nov 20, 2010
Cleaned out old MAP sensor and replaced it with new one i got from the dealer and seems to be running better. showing boost now but egts are still high and truck still fills sluggish. Got P0299 again on test run.

Is there anything else im missing that i should be checking?

portmax29

Nov 20, 2010
From what i can tell yes. how can i really check it? Took it for another spin this morning and got the p0299 code again. Truck seems to rattle when i get into it then i get the code. Im starting to think maybe the pump is bad?:mad:

I double checked the airdog. From the take it goes to the the port side. The other side, the larger port goes to the fuel line on the truck frame, and the small goes to the filler neck. Is this not correct?

portmax29

Nov 20, 2010
You need to look at desired vane position vs actual vane position. Or desired boost vs actual boost

Sorry im new to this, how would i check that? Here are some readings i got on idle off my cts insight

Baro 14.5 PSI
DPF SOOT 21 PSI
DPFPV 3.8 PSI
FRP 4.3 PSI
MAP 14 PSI
MAF 38 TO 40 PSI
VPOS 10%

I eliminated the airdog and connected the 2 hoses together to see if that would fix it and it didn't. I dont have a race plug installed, was told that could fix the issue. I dont understand how it would when everything was working fine before i installed the airdog. Only code i got before the airdog install on level 4 was P0089 but i assumed that was because i wasnt getting enough fuel. I just didnt have the time to install the pump tell this past weekend.

I got a New MAP sensor, New MAF sensor, and race plug on the way. Ive been searching in forums but nobody seems to post a fix. Only fix i found was someone got a new ecm.

portmax29

Nov 20, 2010
It could be as simple as a vein postion sensor or acutaor. Use your cts to look at desired vs actual vein postion...

I can't seem to find the desired vein postion gauge on my cts. Is the only on the new cts? i can hear the veins cycle from the exhast but its not doing it like it used to, seems really short and quick. I took the vein sensor out and cleaned it, was some gunk on it but not much.

The only other scanner i have is the innova scanner. Been thinking of getting the cheap tech 2 i keep seeing but idk how good those are.

Thanks for all the help, i really appriciate it.