Truck shakes violently

motoking_1990

May 9, 2011
Terre Haute, IN
UPDATE:
I took the truck out tonight to see how it would act at lower speeds in 4hi and what not. It shook earlier than it would in 2hi. I put her back in 2hi and was driving back to my apartment, (the trip was around a 1/4 mile loop). I got to about 18 miles an hour and it popped and i heard scraping. I pulled over and saw the first part of my drive shaft in the road and the main part laying on the ground. I laughed it off for a minute and took off the driveshaft from the axle.
I put it back in 4hi and started driving, and the truck ran beautifully... So, Im thinking the transfer case is fine? and that it was strictly a driveshaft issue? Im towing the truck home later this week, and will replace the driveshaft.
Thoughts anybody?
Thanks, Chandler.
I'm confused which one failed and where did it fail? I'm guessing rear drive shaft being you had to put it in 4x4 to make it home.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Chanzilla

Feb 15, 2013
San Antonio
The u joint at the beginning of the drive shaft let go, as well as the joint in between both drive shafts. I am not real familiar with drive shaft/carrier bearing/ etc... So sorry if I do not make sense
Chandler

DixonM

Nov 20, 2014
Florida
If you have a crew cab long bed 4X4, I would get the GM drive shaft that is one piece.
Driveshaft: PN 23251132 $422.10
This is a one piece aluminum drive shaft with the yoke and rear joint already in.

Last edited: