Truck feels like it hits a wall with lots of black smoke on hard acceleration

D1rtym4x

Jun 1, 2016
Hey guys,

I'll go straight to the point, my truck feels like it hits a wall with lots of black smoke and the turbo "barks" on hard acceleration. It's like that in all the tunes, including the stock tune. I re-tightened the intercooler piping because I thought there was a boost leak.

The only things I believe could be causing this, is fuel rail pressure is low or he EGR is sticking or leaking.

I have an egr delete kit sitting in the garage waiting on install, as well as a PPE Race Fuel Plug, and fuel rail pressure gauge.

It is not throwing any codes that I can tell on the tuner.

My mods are listed in my signature.

Thanks in advance,

John

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
So your not even running an egr blocker plate??!!!!

If so then your problem is definitely the egr.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
So your not even running an egr blocker plate??!!!!

If so then your problem is definitely the egr.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

His Sig days blocker plate.

Op are there any codes? Sounds like a maf issue, how long has it been doing it, any mods don't before the issue happened.with the 4" intake did you have the maf rescaled in your tuning.

D1rtym4x

Jun 1, 2016
His Sig days blocker plate.

Op are there any codes? Sounds like a maf issue, how long has it been doing it, any mods don't before the issue happened.with the 4" intake did you have the maf rescaled in your tuning.

The MAF sensor is still plugged in.

There are no codes being thrown.

I unplugged the egr sensor and ran it. It still did the same thing.

It's been doing it for a month now. I was running this setup way before this issue started happening. I told Idaho Rob my setup before he tuned it, so it should have been rescaled then.

When I'm driving it, there is a howl. I'm hoping it is my egr so the delete will fix it.

Thanks for the replies everyone.

D1rtym4x

Jun 1, 2016
Talked to a buddy a work and told him about my issue. He told me to check the Y pipe and see if the O-rings. I didn't even think of that. I'll check it within the next few days and let you all know an update.

D1rtym4x

Jun 1, 2016
Quick update that I forgot to add a few weeks ago;

Well, I'm an idiot. I do all these mods and one thing I don't do, is change the damn air filter. I totally forgot all about checking and changing it. It was so nasty, so I replaced it. That was the easiest fix I could have asked for.

So there you go gentlemen, you have this same issue, check your air filter.