Question: triple turbo sizing

A. Stock Lbz

Aug 13, 2013
spokane wa
call forced inductions and talk to jose, i had him turn a t6 s475 96mm turbine into a t4 1.0 87. cool thing about borg warners is alot of the parts interchange or mark at danville i think he can do the same thing.

Last edited:

dirtydmax

<---up shit creek
Sep 1, 2013
muskoka,Ont Canada
What do you guy's think about holset's?They can be had pretty cheap and from what I have read they are a stout turbo,What hx would compare to a 475?

dirtydmax

<---up shit creek
Sep 1, 2013
muskoka,Ont Canada
Think Triple hx 50-55 will put me at my goal?Been searching but unsure on the holset's sizing compared to the BW turbos.would an hx50 in the valley be to big?Just waaaay too many options!

andy-stevenson

Jul 7, 2013
I'd give mark at Danville a call. Or Joe at hsp a call. Or Jason at wehrli a call.

You still doing a budget engine build or have you bumped up the plans for it?

dirtydmax

<---up shit creek
Sep 1, 2013
muskoka,Ont Canada
I don't think duramax and budget should be in the same sentence....ever,Even guys like me doing carrillos,pistons.arp's and so on and calling it a budget build are just fooling themselves.I have to accept this and call it what it is..A full out build.Im just thankfull there is a community like this one where info, advice and parts are available for the (budget build;))guy's out there.As for air,i am doing triples but I don't know which chargers as of yet.put a call into Mark on fri and waiting for a reply.Im thinking hx 50-55 if they will work.What about your truck` Andy?Keeping it stock or gona start the build?I have a nice block to get you started!

andy-stevenson

Jul 7, 2013
I'm just going to keep it stock. It's my daily driver and its already hard enough to drive it in the snow without being in 4x4. I just can't justify the cost, I don't go to the track, don't sled pull. Don't have a need for anymore power. Especially with the speeding laws here, can't afford to have the truck impounded, license suspended and $10k fine...

Most likely will trade her in for a mini duramax in the next year.

jkholder09

Jan 8, 2012
Maryland
An hx60 is basically like an s480. The hx52 can come 2 ways t6 or in rare form a t4. the cheaper ones are probably the t6. But three of the t4 hx50 or 52 will get you in the ballpark of three 475's.

dirtydmax

<---up shit creek
Sep 1, 2013
muskoka,Ont Canada
I'm just going to keep it stock. It's my daily driver and its already hard enough to drive it in the snow without being in 4x4. I just can't justify the cost, I don't go to the track, don't sled pull. Don't have a need for anymore power. Especially with the speeding laws here, can't afford to have the truck impounded, license suspended and $10k fine...

Most likely will trade her in for a mini duramax in the next year.

I hear ya on that one,The cops up here have something to prove it seems.You ever get the urge to drive a built max you know where I am:hug:

dirtydmax

<---up shit creek
Sep 1, 2013
muskoka,Ont Canada
An hx60 is basically like an s480. The hx52 can come 2 ways t6 or in rare form a t4. the cheaper ones are probably the t6. But three of the t4 hx50 or 52 will get you in the ballpark of three 475's.

Thanks JK!Can get the 50's reasonable and from what I hear are a tuff charger.Can get 2 50's for the price of 1 475 and can always upgrade to 3 475 as cash allowes.What specs on the hx50's should I be looking for?all 3 the same or different for the valley?

jkholder09

Jan 8, 2012
Maryland
loose housings on atmo's like 27cm or even the 24(iirc) open throats.
Something in the 16cm area for the valley with a 45-60mm gate

and a lot of the hx52 are t4i, that may be ok for the atmo's but in the valley that will be expensive.

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
On triples do you size the atmosphere chargers exhaust housing big like you do in a twin setup? Or can you run 3 identical chargers?

Russ, are your three chargers all the same?