Transsynd change over

ILuvJDM

Jul 15, 2014
Austin, Texas
I think it's great that Mike said what he said, I'm sure it's frustrating having people question his knowledge all the time, especially behind a keyboard

BADLUK007

Sep 23, 2015
I guess you guys have reading comprehension problems. We weren't saying not to change the filter and Mike doesn't know what he's talking about . We were just stating what we read was that it wasn't necessary, via manufacturer. If the transmission man says to change it, we have no issue changing the damn filter. I'm not just going to throw money out the window changing parts that don't need to be changed. It's at my house now, it will be on the truck tomorrow. Chill out and make sure you understand the content of what someone is saying before you jump down their throat and have others trying to bandwagon. No one is questioning Mikes knowledge about transmission, why would we? You don't have to be a dick about it either.

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
I guess you guys have reading comprehension problems. We weren't saying not to change the filter and Mike doesn't know what he's talking about . We were just stating what we read was that it wasn't necessary, via manufacturer. If the transmission man says to change it, we have no issue changing the damn filter. I'm not just going to throw money out the window changing parts that don't need to be changed. It's at my house now, it will be on the truck tomorrow. Chill out and make sure you understand the content of what someone is saying before you jump down their throat and have others trying to bandwagon. No one is questioning Mikes knowledge about transmission, why would we? You don't have to be a dick about it either.
Bumped the thread for this?

You asked and were told to change it. Then said it doesn't need to be changed again. Were you hoping to hear it shouldn't be changed?

Wasting money by changing a filter but buying transynd? Give me a break. Maybe you should reread this.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

BADLUK007

Sep 23, 2015
Bumped the thread for this?

You asked and were told to change it. Then said it doesn't need to be changed again. Were you hoping to hear it shouldn't be changed?

Wasting money by changing a filter but buying transynd? Give me a break. Maybe you should reread this.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I guess your comprehension is lacking as well. I don't believe I ever said it doesn't need to be change, only that it is what I read and was looking to get clarification on a conflicting information . I'm glad to change it, I'm glad to know it's recommended to be change by a revered transmission guru which is why I bought it. I wasn't insinuating it was wasting money to change it, only that it would be if it the need wasn't there, which clearly it is judging by the post by Mike, who's judgement I trust on the matter. It seems as if there is a miscommunication of that aspect.
As far as the bump goes, I work a lot and don't have time to comb the forums. I noticed the replies and decided to do the same. If I hadn't, then what would you have to do with the time it took to respond? Flame someone else?

caveman 4867

Feb 20, 2015
Hop N.D.
Bottom line ,Just changed the internal filter on my 2005 duramax. 1530000,I have owned the truck for the last 350000.Pan wasnt real bad but was not clean either.Thin layer of black sludge on pan and filter.From here on out the internal will be changed.

bfmine

Sep 11, 2011
Cape cod,ma
Listen up guys.
Allison recommendations are for slow underpowered trucks that travel at slow speeds and tow big. I still don't agree with them as far as servicing the internal filter.
We are running high performance trucks that shed more clutch material because of tq output. The filter needs to be changed more often. Another point is knowing what is going on in your Allison. peeling open ( not cutting ) your sump filter will tell you if something is going on. If you are a true performance person, you will want to know. If you are a stupid factory maintenance reader; GTFO.
Changing the spin on is for the valve body and solenoids only. It is a low pressure ( 125 psi max ) filter and has nothing to do with the main trans itself.
For those of you that keep posting this stupid shit about never changing your sump filter; you have no problem buying a shit load of beer and pissing it away with nothing to show for it but a head ache. But changing a sump filter is a no no. Give me a F---g break.

If one of you neophites posts an argument to this post, I will ban you. Don't need stupid people here.:thumb::D

Mike L for president!!!!!!
:thumb:

motoking_1990

May 9, 2011
Terre Haute, IN
OOPS got to many zeros LMAO
Thought so lol. All this makes me want to change mine tm. I have had some weird shifts lately. I am guilty just as the others only changed the spin on every oil change. Great information here regardless of the dispute. Thanks again guys

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

jojo

Dec 12, 2013
Southern California
Finally got around to changing the internal filter. If you haven't changed that filter, change it. I had 166k on the clock when changed. I took a picture. Notice the dirt clumps on the side of the pan and the sludge at the bottom.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 42