Trans tune to shift at 4,000 rpms.

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
Go back to your TCM tune that runs great, then just change only the WOT shift RPM and save and try it. I tried messing with the shift speed BS years ago on my LBZ and never got it to shift right, would hang and shit. :happy2:

I think thats my problem too, I changed both. Probably just need to change WOT shift rpm.

coker6303

Keep Calm and Chive On!!
Aug 6, 2009
Houston, TX
I tried 35, 36, 37, and 3800 rpm shift points and settled at 3600 with my twins on the old silver LMM. Worked flawlessly Change rpm/mph proportionally in the tables

I didn't have a dyno to test, but I logged and did the seat of the pants testing. Basically I made sure that my low point on the upshift was still in the power band, if I had it too high it seemed to fall off before shifting and if it was too low it lost momentum right after the upshift. Gotta find that point that you get the most area under the hp curve!!

After I changed my 66/80 to the 64.5/80 setup it was a beast on the shift and never felt like it fell of on the top end before the shift. Loved that final setup!!! I haven't run a big single, but i'm sure the initial setup I had that was a little laggy would be similar.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Is anyone else able to look at his tune? I tried, but it keeps trying to open it as attachment.php which doesn't work.