Trans Removal question

BlkMax

Sep 1, 2008
Wasilla, AK
The ARP's are nice because you are not supposed to reuse the stock bolts. The stockers are torque to yield bolts, and you have to have a monster metric Allen wrench adapter. The ARP's can be reused, and are 12 point bolts. I guess it depends on how often you will have to take off the flexplate. It also helps to have the Kent Moore flywheel tool to keep it from rotating when you are loosening and tightening the flywheel bolts.

As for the BD plate, I can't say specifically, mine is from SoCal and it is 29.3, however it was a tight fit getting the converter pilot into the new plate.

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
Im coming down to your place when my tranny goes out then! :alcoholic:
:roflmao: Ha HA the could be a very interesting day/night :alc:

haha! Well i got the lead anchor out in 20 minutes after i soaked the dowels and just had to work with it. Now as far as the BD flexplate anyone had any expierence with them? and As far as ARP flexplate bolts go? needed or not? my big concern is running a new sfi 29.3 flexplate. I would think they all serve the same purpose pretty well since mine wont be 1000 hp!
Glad you got it out Clint:thumb:

durallymax

Apr 26, 2008
Under The Hood
The ARP's are nice because you are not supposed to reuse the stock bolts. The stockers are torque to yield bolts, and you have to have a monster metric Allen wrench adapter. The ARP's can be reused, and are 12 point bolts. I guess it depends on how often you will have to take off the flexplate. It also helps to have the Kent Moore flywheel tool to keep it from rotating when you are loosening and tightening the flywheel bolts.

As for the BD plate, I can't say specifically, mine is from SoCal and it is 29.3, however it was a tight fit getting the converter pilot into the new plate.

And some monster cahones them things are tight sobs.

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk