Trans Removal question

DeMax LB7

Bowtie Child
Dec 11, 2011
Rice Lake,WI
So im removing the trans outta my LB7 got the t case off and all that. now i removed 9 bellhousing bolts. and 6 torque converter bolts. The problem is i cant seem to get this thing to separate for the life of me. Do they normally come off hard. This is the first trans ive ever had stick up like this so im thinking im missing a bolt somewhere? any help would be awesome!:thumb:

durallymax

Apr 26, 2008
Under The Hood
Did you soak the dowels at all?

I always forget to anyways.but it does help.

Take the jack and lift it all the way up, usually separates the bottom a bit then let it down s bit and wiggle side to side then let it all the way downland wiggle then back up and wiggle. Get angry with it and use a couple of pinch bars once you get a big enough gap. It'll come eventually they always do, some just take a little more foreplay.

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk

DeMax LB7

Bowtie Child
Dec 11, 2011
Rice Lake,WI
okay. i was getting pretty wild on it but ill soak them dowels. But does that sound like i got all the bolts? i have checked 100 times but it just dont seem right i guess ill have to drink a monster and man up!

durallymax

Apr 26, 2008
Under The Hood
Already had one of them lol. Working on one right now. 9 bolts is correct. Two at the bottom. One at the very top, one down to each side of the top on. One above and below dowel on each side. You should have 2 regular bolts and 7 stud combos.

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
If its stuck that bad it sounds like something else is holding it,when you take the nuts off you still have to pull the bolt with the stud sticking out of the head that the nuts were on

Noreaster

Jun 13, 2007
Cape Cod,MA
Take the jack and lift it all the way up, usually separates the bottom a bit then let it down s bit and wiggle side to side then let it all the way downland wiggle then back up and wiggle. Get angry with it and use a couple of pinch bars once you get a big enough gap. It'll come eventually they always do, some just take a little more foreplay.

that sounds familiar, salt belt truck?
just need a big enough gap to get a prybar in & work it

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
Mine has been out so many times it falls out! :roflmao:

As mentioned don't get angry with the pry bar! You should be able to wiggle it up down sideways and it should come lose. Careful with the Jack also.

durallymax

Apr 26, 2008
Under The Hood
that sounds familiar, salt belt truck?
just need a big enough gap to get a prybar in & work it

all of them haha.

If you have it on a lift don't get too carried away without safety stands. Ive gotten them rocking pretty good up there.

Good news is they always come out better the second time.

bradyn

Sep 22, 2010
kansas
Yeah be careful if your gonna man up to it when i pulled mine the first time i was being a jack ass and only had a floor jack..when that sucker goes it goes fast (damn gravity) and it landed right on my arm. It took me a couple of minutes to get over the shock of what had happened and then some retard rage to get it off of me! lulz Then i headed to the harbor to get a real tranny jack and that thing worked 10 million times better. Long story short tranny jacks are well worth their money.

DeMax LB7

Bowtie Child
Dec 11, 2011
Rice Lake,WI
Well i havent had a chance to get out to start working on it yet today. Eric its seeming farther out from pulling season here with this foot or so of snow we just got! haha!

WisconsinHick1

Mar 11, 2009
Minnesota
Well i havent had a chance to get out to start working on it yet today. Eric its seeming farther out from pulling season here with this foot or so of snow we just got! haha!

That is very true! Good thing mines sitting in my warm garage so I can work on my mods for this season! :thumb:

durallymax

Apr 26, 2008
Under The Hood
Good thing were only getting rain :)

You can make aN adapter for a floor jack to be used as a tranny jack. A ratchet strap makes for added safety. I use a 2 stage one for use under car lifts. Works very nicely

xtremebikr04

Jan 17, 2011
Vermont
So im removing the trans outta my LB7 got the t case off and all that. now i removed 9 bellhousing bolts. and 6 torque converter bolts. The problem is i cant seem to get this thing to separate for the life of me. Do they normally come off hard. This is the first trans ive ever had stick up like this so im thinking im missing a bolt somewhere? any help would be awesome!:thumb:

I fought with mine and what i ended up doing was taking the spare tire bottle jack out. I put the base of it on the yoke to the front differential and the top of it on one of the bolts that holds the bellhousing to the main case by the spin on oil filter. Have someone hold it steady as you "raise" the bottle jack to push the transmission away from the engine.:thumb:

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
Yeah be careful if your gonna man up to it when i pulled mine the first time i was being a jack ass and only had a floor jack..when that sucker goes it goes fast (damn gravity) and it landed right on my arm. It took me a couple of minutes to get over the shock of what had happened and then some retard rage to get it off of me! lulz Then i headed to the harbor to get a real tranny jack and that thing worked 10 million times better. Long story short tranny jacks are well worth their money.
:roflmao: retarded rage lol yes they are

Clint if you had brought it down while it was still moving i had the lift and 2 stage trans jack and a nice warm gargage to do it all in and a stocked fridge:thumb:

DeMax LB7

Bowtie Child
Dec 11, 2011
Rice Lake,WI
haha! Well i got the lead anchor out in 20 minutes after i soaked the dowels and just had to work with it. Now as far as the BD flexplate anyone had any expierence with them? and As far as ARP flexplate bolts go? needed or not? my big concern is running a new sfi 29.3 flexplate. I would think they all serve the same purpose pretty well since mine wont be 1000 hp!