Trans Lines?

mackthehack

DUH...
Apr 16, 2007
Noticed my trans lines starting to leak. Going to buy from Alligator and two options are offered. The regular ass set and the performance set. The performance set is for a built trans and high hp motor. I'm close to 600hp which isn't high and my trans is built.

Will the performance set work for my setup? Will I have any problems due to running the bigger diameter lines?

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
I used the 5/8" lines and they fit and work well. I figured as long as the application is a built trans, the 5/8" lines should be utilized, if the application was a stock trans stick with the 1/2" set
:thumb:

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
Everyone I talked to said 1/2 was plenty even for a built trans. They said they had a few people specifically request 5/8 so that's why they offer both.

mackthehack

DUH...
Apr 16, 2007
I ordered the Fleece lines. During the replacement, I cracked the cooler trying to break a fitting loose... F@CK!!!!

JDub

Aug 9, 2009
Hooper, Utah
I've got the 5/8" lines on my LB7. They fit nice and allowed easy installation of the BD trans cooler I put in place of the stocker.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

workin' diesel

factory tuned
Nov 13, 2010
Coalhust, AB Canada
I just replaced mine with the factory set. My issue was the lines were rusting through by the clamp that holds them still by the oil pan. Took mine near 5 hours! Next time I will just make my own lines so that it will be easier to install! Oh, and if you do use the factory replacement, order them from GM parts direct, almost half the price. I should never have looked!;)