Allison 5sp: Trans leaking while parked

kenp313

Feb 14, 2016
My lb7's Trans is leaking in my driveway and I'm not sure why . I haven driven the truck in over 2 months but started leaking the other day. Any ideas

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Harbin_22

Dec 4, 2010
Southern Indiana
Seriously, get under it and look at it! How in the world would we have any idea where it is leaking from other than down onto the drive way?

kenp313

Feb 14, 2016
That's a solid answer. Doesn't answer the question of why a Trans would leak while sitting

Last edited:

kenp313

Feb 14, 2016
Thank you. It has been a bit warmer lately.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
My lb7's Trans is leaking in my driveway and I'm not sure why . I haven driven the truck in over 2 months but started leaking the other day. Any ideas

Dumbest post I ever read.

jeffro1976

Aug 26, 2014
Michigan
When my Tahoe sat outside over winter it would not shift into 4wd. Found out a critter had made a nest above transfer case and chewed all my wires. Maybe a critter chewed thru a tranny line or the pan itself.....Just an idea...

hipp11B

Apr 1, 2015
Georgia
Lol wow ken looks like you received a lot of solid advice. I read his question and I realized exactly what he was asking. Simply is there something that normally causes a trans to leak after sitting for awhile, seems simple enough to me....disappointing I see a lot more insults on these threads now a days then usual. When someone posts an honest question it does not make them stupid that is not what this is suppose to be about. You may think it's a silly question, but so what? Lol not everyone is as knowledgeable, people are trying to learn, so teach them..

Lbz, built trans, efi by Danville, Danville 68, full egr delete, mbrp down pipe, 5" mbrp to 7" stack, ppe guages, custom traction bars, airdog2 165, ppe fuel rail mods, s&b, afe blade runner, Arp head studs..died March 2015

Parts collected for the build. SoCal super damper, SoCal billet flex plate, SDP S400 kit, II 85% CP3, PPE manifolds/up pipes, PCV reroute. Slowly but surely lol

six5creed

Jan 6, 2016
N.C.
Lol wow ken looks like you received a lot of solid advice. I read his question and I realized exactly what he was asking. Simply is there something that normally causes a trans to leak after sitting for awhile, seems simple enough to me....disappointing I see a lot more insults on these threads now a days then usual. When someone posts an honest question it does not make them stupid that is not what this is suppose to be about. You may think it's a silly question, but so what? Lol not everyone is as knowledgeable, people are trying to learn, so teach them..

Lbz, built trans, efi by Danville, Danville 68, full egr delete, mbrp down pipe, 5" mbrp to 7" stack, ppe guages, custom traction bars, airdog2 165, ppe fuel rail mods, s&b, afe blade runner, Arp head studs..died March 2015

Parts collected for the build. SoCal super damper, SoCal billet flex plate, SDP S400 kit, II 85% CP3, PPE manifolds/up pipes, PCV reroute. Slowly but surely lol

Could be anywhere. Trans lines, driveshaft seal, pump rub the list goes on and on. Get under it and look where it's coming from then ask who, what, where, when, why?

hipp11B

Apr 1, 2015
Georgia
Could be anywhere. Trans lines, driveshaft seal, pump rub the list goes on and on. Get under it and look where it's coming from then ask who, what, where, when, why?

Oh I'm tracking man you don't have to tell me, just speaking my mind on op's behalf most of those comments were un called for.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA

Why pick on us and not him? He never took the time to look under the truck and see where it was coming from.

hipp11B

Apr 1, 2015
Georgia
Why pick on us and not him? He never took the time to look under the truck and see where it was coming from.

Mike, I'm not picking on anyone sir. I do agree he should have looked under the truck however knowing ken personally I'm sure he walked outside to go to PT this morning and noticed it, not having time to look under the truck considering the army has time hacks he probably thought something like well **** I'll post up on the forum real quick and see if any of the more knowledgable guys over there have an idea of what usually can cause this after sitting, that way I'm prepared when i get home. Lol something like that.

kenp313

Feb 14, 2016
Mike, I'm not picking on anyone sir. I do agree he should have looked under the truck however knowing ken personally I'm sure he walked outside to go to PT this morning and noticed it, not having time to look under the truck considering the army has time hacks he probably thought something like well **** I'll post up on the forum real quick and see if any of the more knowledgable guys over there have an idea of what usually can cause this after sitting, that way I'm prepared when i get home. Lol something like that.
Thank GOD. Thank you sid. Yeah man seen a damn puddle under the truck after pt. As YOU know the op. tempo of my job doesn't allow me to check on my truck as soon as a problem arises. Didn't have a chance to look at it yet today doing maintenance, pcc/pci ect, you know how it is. Simply figured I'd post my findings to get a jump start for when I get home. Thanks bro