Trading up vs. Keeping

coker6303

Keep Calm and Chive On!!
Aug 6, 2009
Houston, TX
It's better no doubt. I like the gauge display. But still not a fan of the rest. Too many of the same style knobs IMO. And for some reason all of the ones I looked at had that ugly fake wood. I hate that shit. I'd like to see a back seat that folded down like the classic style, or at least had a flat floor. I like the storage behind the seat like my LBZ has also.
For 75g for the one with the options I want, not including another 8g for rims tires and a lift, I'll wait it out and see what the '17 or maybe the '20 looks like.:D Hopefully they redo that hideous front end on the Chevy.

Besides I like my payments - 0 Dollars at 0% interest!

Just my opinions. If another person likes it then don't let me sway you from buying. End of the day you still get the best engine and transmission combo on the market right now.

I love my Denali interior over my 08 LMM. Seats are more comfortable, the ergonomics are nicer, everything inside is better. I put it above a ford, but I still like the dodge interior better.

Towing is much better with my 2015. The 11+ frames feel so much sturdier with a load behind it. Hard to explain.

My customers always compliment the new truck when they get in for lunch. Never got that before in the LMM. That's a plus! Lol

Backseat is roomier than the LMM, but still not enough. Car seat hits the back of the front seat.

lts1ow

Needs moar PAH!
May 14, 2012
NJ
I'd suggest finding a nice LB7:)

Never, I already own the red headed step child of one engine line, don't need another. ;)

So kinda sounds like there isn't a huge upgrade to move up to a newer truck other than the obvious interior and of course "better" drivetrain.

If I were to build the trans, and always tow with a hot tune, would it equate to a newer Dmax in terms of power? I know the frame will always be lacking of the new stuff, but again, worst I would tow is 18-20gcwr.

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
I love my Denali interior over my 08 LMM. Seats are more comfortable, the ergonomics are nicer, everything inside is better. I put it above a ford, but I still like the dodge interior better.

Towing is much better with my 2015. The 11+ frames feel so much sturdier with a load behind it. Hard to explain.

My customers always compliment the new truck when they get in for lunch. Never got that before in the LMM. That's a plus! Lol

Backseat is roomier than the LMM, but still not enough. Car seat hits the back of the front seat.

This ^^^^

Love my 15 now that it's tuned...

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
So kinda sounds like there isn't a huge upgrade to move up to a newer truck other than the obvious interior and of course "better" drivetrain.

If I were to build the trans, and always tow with a hot tune, would it equate to a newer Dmax in terms of power? I know the frame will always be lacking of the new stuff, but again, worst I would tow is 18-20gcwr.
Every now and then I catch myself eyeballing a newer truck.. Love to have an extended cab.. I already do more power the the wheels than a LML does at the crank. And all the other stuff I have to do to get it on par with my current truck...

I'll enjoy the no tuck payment.. Those new Colorados look nice

ALLY Fox

Old Man Truck
Dec 14, 2010
Oregon 7S5
I already got my honey so I don't need a $70K truck for that. I paid cash for my LLY 5 years ago, since then Ho'Bama's trickle up poverty program has made it doubtful I'll ever be able to pay cash for another truck so they're gonna have to pry my old truck from my cold dead hands. Yeah, I'd like to have butt coolers and a new truck warranty and that new truck smell but I'm not ready for a nanny truck just yet. I've got over 20K miles of trouble free 5th wheel towing plus all the DD and I'm pretty sure my classic will keep doing that for me without any truck payments-and no DEF or DPF problems.....

Jun 1, 2012
Hell, keep what you have. I have a 2012 denali hd and would love the new interior and cluster. I have 11800 on the odo and in may the truck will be 3 years old. I starting making mortgage payments on my truck in jan, and will have it paid off in December. I was making extra payments before but stepped it up to 1500 a month. And I got a 10 year or 120k warranty. So as much I want a new one, I don't want any more payments so I can get a new quincy 2 stage compressor next year in cash and pocket the money for a 20k down payment on the wifes new ride in 3 years and keep her current g8 gt as my beater ride. I catch the bus or carpool to keep the miles low. Sucks, but I will never be able to afford another ride like this at current prices, I paid 63k out the door with the warranty in 2012.

Last edited:

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
No offense to the 15 owners but that trucks wheel wells are hideous looking... I'll keep my old sh*t box, its been payed for twice now. Im going to enjoy no payments for awhile.

henery97

Apr 4, 2011
Nebraska
I have no plans to ever get rid of my LBZ, but there isn't anything my lbz does that my old mans 15 doesn't do better. Between my dad and I we have had 2 LB7s an LLY, 2 LBZs, an LMM, and the LML and the LML gets the best MPG of any of them (when they where stock). With more power, roomier interior, more options and just an all around nicer more capable truck.

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
Not dealing with emissions crap on my dinosaur LB7 is nice. It gets great fuel mileage despite being hopped up. It pulls trailers very well. It's paid for and that frees up a lot of money to do other things with and more importantly incidentals. When I was younger I thought a lot of fancy shiny things. Now that I'm a 30 year old fart with a family I appreciate having $ (not credit card debt) to take vacations and take off work here and there a week or two. What I'm trying to say is by simplifying your life you will lessen the financial load. It takes a lot to keep up with the Jones and it usually adds stress to your life. Some of the wealthiest people around have a simple lifestyle and keep their $ in their bank account and away from their ego.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Not dealing with emissions crap on my dinosaur LB7 is nice. It gets great fuel mileage despite being hopped up. It pulls trailers very well. It's paid for and that frees up a lot of money ..........

This^^^^^^
My biggest argument that I have with myself for not buying a new full size truck LOL.

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
Not dealing with emissions crap on my dinosaur LB7 is nice. It gets great fuel mileage despite being hopped up. It pulls trailers very well. It's paid for and that frees up a lot of money to do other things with and more importantly incidentals. When I was younger I thought a lot of fancy shiny things. Now that I'm a 30 year old fart with a family I appreciate having $ (not credit card debt) to take vacations and take off work here and there a week or two. What I'm trying to say is by simplifying your life you will lessen the financial load. It takes a lot to keep up with the Jones and it usually adds stress to your life. Some of the wealthiest people around have a simple lifestyle and keep their $ in their bank account and away from their ego.

Couldn't agree more.

I have absolutely zero desire to even look at a new truck let alone purchase one. My truck does everything I want it to do and then some.

lts1ow

Needs moar PAH!
May 14, 2012
NJ
Well, just dropped a few hundred on shocks/stabilizer/impact sensor, and prob early this week I will order up brake lines.

Guess I am sticking with this ole truck. :D