Traction Bars

smarquis

Triple Turbo LBZ
Jul 15, 2010
Las Vegas, Nevada.
Dont listen to m any local shops around here, trust me. also Nick (norcal trucks) is very knowledgeable, and also many of us on here have done real world testing and racing, vs. 99% of the shops here that just sell stuff out of a catalog. :D

That is kind of what I figured, bu then 02bigstrokin said he wadded up his econo bars, and that is a little concerning! Although he is drag racing on slicks - something I will likely never do. LOL.

whitetrash21

put on da damn helmet day
Apr 29, 2008
Vegas
That is kind of what I figured, bu then 02bigstrokin said he wadded up his econo bars, and that is a little concerning! Although he is drag racing on slicks - something I will likely never do. LOL.

He's also running some pretty big power....

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
I like my caltracs, but hate the ride. if you drive a lot and want traction bars, don't get caltracs unless you remove the bolts on the leaf pack, but then it's just a bar that does nothing..

I pulled with my caltracs, and still got a bit of wheel hop.

CrazyDaze

800+HP Build!!
Apr 6, 2009
Auburn Hills, MI

I'll PM you the list of parts to aquire to build yourself the same traction bars the biggest of HP pullers are using. Trust me...you won't bent them or break them loose.

02bigstrokin

Sep 9, 2008
the problem with what most people will have you build is that they ride like shit. they will have heim joints on either end and on the road they are rough. the cognito bars have poly bushings in the front so the ride is not bad. i never had a problem with them until i was over 900hp. i cut 1.65 60' on nitto terra grapplers and 1.56-1.60 on the slicks with them. if i remember correctly (and it could be different now) im pretty sure that matt moon runs the same bars too and his truck is making big power on 35" tires sledpulling. i think they are well worth the 350 dollars.

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
I build bars for people myself and they are of the long bar type. They are built better than any I know of and do not ride rough or have a single problem with failures. Quality parts is the key to long lasting and failure free bars.

02bigstrokin

Sep 9, 2008
Why would traction bars (not caltracs) make your truck ride like crap? Your wheel should still go up and down just fine? :eek: :confused:

im telling you, mine are 60" with poly bushings in the front, and travis' (bullfrogjohnson) are longer then that and heims on both ends. ask him which one rides better.

CrazyDaze

800+HP Build!!
Apr 6, 2009
Auburn Hills, MI
Here's the best bars you can make. These are on Mike Tomac's truck. Rubber bushings on each end and ride really good. And these are about 71" long.

TractionBar.jpeg

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
Here's the best bars you can make. These are on Mike Tomac's truck. Rubber bushings on each end and ride really good. And these are about 71" long.

TractionBar.jpeg

Those look just like Tony Burkhardts bars.. I'm actually thinking about calling him about buying just the bars and frame connecters so I can unhook my caltracs and swap them on and off I decide to hook next year. They look pretty good. Why would he need the spring clamps too though?

CrazyDaze

800+HP Build!!
Apr 6, 2009
Auburn Hills, MI
Why so long ...

For added stability. They angle straight forward instead of up. The added length makes for a flatter angle.

Those look just like Tony Burkhardts bars.. I'm actually thinking about calling him about buying just the bars and frame connecters so I can unhook my caltracs and swap them on and off I decide to hook next year. They look pretty good. Why would he need the spring clamps too though?

Those are Tony's bars. Tony has a new front mount now though. The mount you see in the picture is what I believe is a Ford rear leaf spring hanger. At least that's what I'm using. The bars are easily made though.

I think Mike used the spring clamps as some added insurance.