Traction Bars

smarquis

Triple Turbo LBZ
Jul 15, 2010
Las Vegas, Nevada.
Has anyone tried the economy traction bars (about $350) vs. the more expensive versions (about $700)? Is there any difference other than looks? Would the economy bars bend under normal use?

Thanks!

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
Pics of the bars ? or who makes them ? I had some budget Tough Country bars on my truck for a while and they def helped with axle wrap .

CrazyDaze

800+HP Build!!
Apr 6, 2009
Auburn Hills, MI
Smarquish...for racing, pulling, or show?

You can build a wicked strong set for pulling for under $350 with some legwork. Let me know and I can give you some guidance.

05chevy

Jun 10, 2010
I made mine for less then $200 and they seem to be holding up pretty well

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

smarquis

Triple Turbo LBZ
Jul 15, 2010
Las Vegas, Nevada.
No sled pulling, but maybe a little drag racing and off-roading. Just thought I woiuld try to prevent axle wrap while hopefully keeping a good working suspension. I was looking at the Cognito Economy bars vs. their custom bars. Thanks!

MMLMM

Tunergeek
Mar 2, 2008
Reno, NV
www.dyncal.com
I run the cognitos. My 60's improved with them. Not sure if the caltracks would do better or worse, but I like the bars.

IMG_0570-2.jpg

Not sure if they would work with the lift. Might have to go custom.
Also the sulstastic (sp) shackles might not be good for racing and might change what traction bars are intended to do...

MMLMM

Tunergeek
Mar 2, 2008
Reno, NV
www.dyncal.com
I ran my bars when my truck was lifted and when I lowered it I just had to adjust them. :thumb:

My cognitos are 60" so if you ran 60" on yours lifted should work then. was there enough adjustment in them between lift/lowering, or had to move bracket??

also nice sig, how come you special thank your own company lol :rofl:

Nemo

<<--- Sleeping :)
Aug 8, 2008
NM
www.EvolvedMS.com
I only had to adjust them about an inch(give or take a lil), the mounting bracket is in the exact same place as before.

n I wasnt sure if anyone would get but hurt here.

Ridin'GMC

I like red
May 20, 2010
MA
How about a 4 link rear and ditch the leafs? I thought about that but I seem to be having trouble of how and were to get it set up

02bigstrokin

Sep 9, 2008
i have the cognito econo bars on mine. they worked fine for a while but when i started leaving real hard at the dragstrip on slicks it wadded the front brackets up pretty bad. almost pulled them down through the bolts on the frame.:eek: i took them off and had my dad do some reinforcing on them and since they have been fine. ive cut 1.56 60' times on slicks with them. ive also sledpulled with them.

smarquis

Triple Turbo LBZ
Jul 15, 2010
Las Vegas, Nevada.
The guys at NorCal told me that the only difference in the custom ones was the looks, but a local shop has been telling me that I may have problems with the cheaper version.

NorCal also said that the traction bars would work with the Zulastic shackles.

c2500dmax

God Is Good M.M.
Jun 6, 2010
nc
just make a set get some 2inch tubing ever how long u wont them witch depends on what ur doing and get 2 top links from u local tractor parts store about 20bucks or less around here and cut them in half weld to each end and u have a set of fully adjustable trac-bars:thumb:

MMLMM

Tunergeek
Mar 2, 2008
Reno, NV
www.dyncal.com
The guys at NorCal told me that the only difference in the custom ones was the looks, but a local shop has been telling me that I may have problems with the cheaper version.

NorCal also said that the traction bars would work with the Zulastic shackles.

Dont listen to m any local shops around here, trust me. also Nick (norcal trucks) is very knowledgeable, and also many of us on here have done real world testing and racing, vs. 99% of the shops here that just sell stuff out of a catalog. :D