Toyo Open Country R/T's

mackthehack

DUH...
Apr 16, 2007
Anybody running them? Any inputs good or bad? Thinking about running a set of these instead Pro Comps again.

BUST'EM 504

Oct 7, 2009
I'm running a set on my 2006 and they seem to be a good tire. Have about 2000 miles on them. They are louder than the at extreme. But not by much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blue09dmaxx

Too broke for this shit
Jan 15, 2012
The south
I run the mt and everyone I know that has ran the rt says they're going back to my for better wear.....I've personally never ran them do take that with a pinch of salt

mackthehack

DUH...
Apr 16, 2007
I had them on my lb7. Good looking tire but dissent perform like the MT..

I'd like to hear your experience with them as to why they wouldn't perform like the M/T.

I'm on my second set of Pro Comp MTs. I think they kinda suck in the rain. They definitely suck in the snow.

I'm looking to go with an AT or similar since I don't wheel my truck much anymore. Was going to run Pro Comp Xtreme ATs but they don't make them in the size I want anymore. So on to another tire brand.

Stancedlb7

Cummin Stroke this Duramax
Feb 9, 2015
SLC, UTAH
In the last two years I've had pro comp, toyos, and nitto. Toyos are my favorite. They are louder but last longer than pro comp. They are the same compound as the nitto but the design does better in rain.

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
I'd like to hear your experience with them as to why they wouldn't perform like the M/T.

I'm on my second set of Pro Comp MTs. I think they kinda suck in the rain. They definitely suck in the snow.

I'm looking to go with an AT or similar since I don't wheel my truck much anymore. Was going to run Pro Comp Xtreme ATs but they don't make them in the size I want anymore. So on to another tire brand.

Compound is harder, so they don't hook up as well as the MT, they don't do as well in the rain as the MT and the looks aren't nearly as aggressive.