Help: Towing 911!! July 7 845pm

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
You made it home safe, ya?
Im curious as to why you were seeing rail pressure codes?
Turbo vane sensors, head gaskets, egr , none of these relate to rail pressure, that im aware of
Your answer regaurding the fprv indicates you have not installed the shim?
the egr assembly is a seperate system, it only ties into your coolant system via a hose
however, if the egr cooler, or gasket started to leak, i can see how it could start dumping coolant into your intake tract. A small leak would probably not be so bad(i bet it would almost work like h2o/meth)it would probably turn to steam, a big leak would be more catastrophic.
Have you noticed any loss in coolant?
If your egr valve were going out, there should be a code poping up for that
a small investment in time to learn how to data log with your v2 might get you farther
whatever happens, it looks like it may be time for your fuel upgrades to stop waiting.
They've been soo patient.

TeaBagger2006

Im a Garrett Nut Swinger
May 11, 2008
Bis ND
Egr does have exhaust and coolant in it so it might be a possibility. Lbz typically don't have head gasket problems

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
Wow dude. You had to limp it all night? You said you were five hours out at 9 last night! Sorry to hear about your problemz, now that you are home sound like your pretty dialed in. Let us know what your findings are, color me curious.;)

LWATSON

future trans limpers
Jul 30, 2008
Scotland Neck NC
I was following a thread on hear a day or two ago where a member thought he may have a blown head gasket. Turned out to be egr cooler, he's doing a delete kit to solve the problem. Hopefully you'll have the same luck. You keep getting advise on upgrading your fuel system. Dont do a shim kit until your sure you need it! I still have a stock system other than a lift pump and I will not install a shim kit until I have problems. You can damage your fuel rail doing the install so no need to risk it until you have to.

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
I was following a thread on hear a day or two ago where a member thought he may have a blown head gasket. Turned out to be egr cooler, he's doing a delete kit to solve the problem. Hopefully you'll have the same luck. You keep getting advise on upgrading your fuel system. Dont do a shim kit until your sure you need it! I still have a stock system other than a lift pump and I will not install a shim kit until I have problems. You can damage your fuel rail doing the install so no need to risk it until you have to.

Yup, totally not a necessary mod, until it needs to be, just like you said.
How can the install damage your rail? Its pretty simple to do, i just added a shim and rail fitting to a truck that wasnt mine, in fact, including my own truck i have done this 4 times now, all of which, the trucks were running a tune, as the reason for the mod to be done.
i have not heard any negative feedback on this and had no idea it could potentially damage the fuel rail. What can happen?

LWATSON

future trans limpers
Jul 30, 2008
Scotland Neck NC
You can easily screw up the seating surface. It doesnt happen often but when it does it sucks and theres no need to risk it unless you need to.