LBZ: Tow mirrors

jeepman1320

Oct 11, 2011
Not sure if this is the right place, if not sorry.

I have a 2007 2500HD Classic that was/is equipped with the LB3 power/heated/signal/power folding mirrors. I hate the fact that the mirrors are totally worthless with any kind of trailer on it. I bought a set of "OEM" quality tow mirrors from eBay and when they arrived they were in a kool vue boxes. I had heard a bunch of bad things about them, but decided to give em a try anyways.

Get them installed and the driver side mirror maxes out left before it gets far enough over to be worth using, so I manually push it over so I can actually see the road. Set the memory on the door and when I hit it the mirrors go crazy. Also noticed the mirrors are very jerky when adjusting.

Is this a normal problem? Would a set from the dealer have to same problems? If so what do I just need to flash the BCM and delete the memory mirrors?

03Tommy

Jun 2, 2008
Weston, Mo
I have the same ones. My drivers side we bad out of the box. Send whoever you got them from a message and let them know. I had a new one in 3 days and it is perfect. They have a decent warranty so you should be taken care of.

jeepman1320

Oct 11, 2011
Took the truck to my local dealer and they programmed the driver door switch, passenger door switch, and body control module to the new mirrors. Was able to keep my heated memory seat function and correct the mirror function.