Tough engine

catman3126

Ehhh?.... You don't say?
Jul 24, 2012
NE Oregon
I just bought an 03' LB7 with 258 on it. it wouldn't start and had a funning intake noise when cranking. paid 3K for a CCLB with a nice flatbed. well I pulled the cab and found 8 bent push rods and all the buttons on the bridges for those 8 were broken, I Checked timing and it was good and then found 4 rocker jam nuts loose. then I found out someone else had worked on it and it on ran another 500 miles. well it looks to be they left the jam nuts loose and when the adjusters backed off the push rods popped out and got cocked in there and bent them. so I replaced all the push rods, Bridges, and rockers cause it cracked the pads on the rocker arms too. cranked it over and checked compression and it was close to 400 on all. so I threw a set of ARP's in there and 45 over Sac nozzles and a stealth charger. she fired right up and ran perfectly smooth. drove it for 2 days and relized it has a blown HG. damn my luck not doing the gaskets too. but it runs like a champ still so I's pull the cab again and do the HG's and still only being into this rig for 7500.00$ including purchase @ 3K from the lady.

joshd472

Oct 10, 2016
Hmm, mine made it 100k, and said pop.

LLY made it 190k and said pop. You guys aren't doing it right, or maybe I'm doing it wrong. Either way, time for another gasser, transmissions are way easier to swap.

Man I hate happened. I remember seeing your for sale post. That truck is spotless. I thought long and hard about buying it, even texted you about it. The only reason I didn't is because you are about a 18 hr drive from me.

WVRigrat05

Wound for sound
Jan 1, 2011
French Creek, West Virginia
Man I hate happened. I remember seeing your for sale post. That truck is spotless. I thought long and hard about buying it, even texted you about it. The only reason I didn't is because you are about a 18 hr drive from me.

That's why it makes me cringe to pull the motor, it's still spotless, def doing a cleaned up short block swap and re-using my top end, just too nice not to. Probly just leave it sit in the garage til I can't take it anymore and then fix it to be honest, is what it is I guess.