Torsion keys???

snowman

Evil Diesel Performance
Aug 30, 2010
Manitoba Canada
well i decided to lower my truck last night, and all went well. I made my own drop shackles and just turned down the torsion keys. but was wondering if its ok to drive around with the keys turned down all the way???? Will it damage anything?? I looked around on the truck, and everything seems to be ok.

dieselboy04'

DieselBoy04'
Mar 23, 2008
Virginia
I did the same thing but just with drop shackles. didn't seem to give any problem. it rode and handled better too, but I only went as low as to level my cv joints and the leveled the rear of the truck to match that. If you went lower, I'm not sure, but slack on the keys and bolts probably can't be good.

whitetrash21

put on da damn helmet day
Apr 29, 2008
Vegas
Might ride a little softer (bouncier) and will throw off the alignment some. Nothing an alignment rack can't fix.

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
Might ride a little softer (bouncier) and will throw off the alignment some. Nothing an alignment rack can't fix.

X2 Wendy has been dropped since day one. But, like Wes said it, get it aligned or you will screw up your tires real quick.

THEREDDEVIL

A Bad seed
Jul 28, 2010
Godfrey, il
Not a huge deal but the jouncers might b resting on the LCA. Mine did. I just cut them in half. I'm sure that's not the method of choice but it worked. I'm wondering about the pinion angle with drop shackles and not having drop hangers? Obviously it's working cause alot of guys r racing with this setup.

snowman

Evil Diesel Performance
Aug 30, 2010
Manitoba Canada
i did make drop shackles. there 4 inch drop over stock. it does seem to ride alittle bouncier, but everything else seems cool. the cv's are straight and there is still a bit of angle to the rear. so i think it might be alright.