top side creepers

jmaz268

Lead from the Front
May 20, 2010
Springfield IL
this past summer.....

weird thing was they didnt even start hurting until after I left his house 2-3 days later.

No bruising just hurt to even breath when it kicked in.

all good now.

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
I'm with this guy. I work on trucks almost daily and have never used a topside creeper. There have been times I would have liked to have one, but I've never come close to breaking any bones over it. The times I hate it the most is when someone has a stupid grille guard or a lift or both.
O M G i could have used 1 this weekend installed a down pipe and a 5 inch exhaust on hryguys truck 7 inch lift with a brush gaurd.He did all of the IN MOTOR compartment work and we split the laying over the motor work.When we did head gaskets on another friends 02 we took all the wheels off and lowered rite to the rotors.This will be high on my list of garage items in the near future for sure.

And as for John and his ribs.......well antifreeze on the floor,tennis shoes and lifting a head with the exh manifold and clamshell still on it was akward while turning and standing on a bucket or a car ramp sliped and came down on his side on the fender of the truck. I think his famous words were "watch this" rite before it happened. :roflmao:

J/K John :hug:

jmaz268

Lead from the Front
May 20, 2010
Springfield IL
O M G i could have used 1 this weekend installed a down pipe and a 5 inch exhaust on hryguys truck 7 inch lift with a brush gaurd.He did all of the IN MOTOR compartment work and we split the laying over the motor work.When we did head gaskets on another friends 02 we took all the wheels off and lowered rite to the rotors.This will be high on my list of garage items in the near future for sure.

And as for John and his ribs.......well antifreeze on the floor,tennis shoes and lifting a head with the exh manifold and clamshell still on it was akward while turning and standing on a bucket or a car ramp sliped and came down on his side on the fender of the truck. I think his famous words were "watch this" rite before it happened. :roflmao:

J/K John :hug:

Lol I was actually standing on something....milk crate i believe....from what I recall, you guys were up prepping the grill...before the real party began....

I do believe thats becuase we kept you bottle medicated till you left :alc:

see above lol:thumb: God we killed alot of beer that weekend.

durallymax

Apr 26, 2008
Under The Hood
Bought one last spring and couldnt agree more, best idea ever. Love the thing, like josh said they are really nice for trucks with lifts.

I cut off that extra little step at the bottom that is made out of 1" bar i think. I kept tripping on it when the creeper was in a low position.

I often find myself on top of the thing kneeling to reach back into the dark holes.

However i do notice my chest is sore once i stand up after laying on the thing. Pain goes away quickly though.

JD Dave

In way over my head
May 19, 2008
Caledon, Ontario
However i do notice my chest is sore once i stand up after laying on the thing. Pain goes away quickly though.

I do notice that also. A top side creeper is like a lift, once you have one it's pretty much impossible to work with out one. I use to lay on a sleeping bag when I had to reach the very back of the motor. The topside creeper also saves your paint on the fenders.

jdlover1

437 Cubic Inches
Oct 4, 2006
chapanoke,nc
I love mine to death. Other than the blood rush to the head if i have to work at the very back of the motor for any length of time.It would be nice if someone made a tool tray that can be put on the side of it tho

chevyburnout1

Fixing it till it breaks
Aug 25, 2008
Berthoud, CO
Probably one of the best tools I have bought as well. Haven't broken any ribs yet but that hood latch has come close to getting caught on a few 'undesirable' parts of mine.

durallymax

Apr 26, 2008
Under The Hood
I love mine to death. Other than the blood rush to the head if i have to work at the very back of the motor for any length of time.It would be nice if someone made a tool tray that can be put on the side of it tho

The same company to makes a tray that is free standing but reaches out into the engine compartment.

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk