To delete or not to delete....

rockfoot

Jul 17, 2016
I have a 2007 LMM, 135,000 miles, no alterations..... I have been considering a DPF delete and some sort of tuner to negate the engine codes.... mostly just to improve mileage. A little hauling but not a lot. Having thought about this a while, I have a question for the technical people out there that have "been there, done that". Maybe save me some time and trouble.
If the computer reads the in pressure of the DPF and compares it to the out pressure of the DPF to cause it to feed the extra fuel thru the cylinders (a differential) to burn the excess soot out of the DPF... if this is how it works... why can't the DPF be gutted, leave the sensors in place so there is no difference in the in and out pressures and would not cause the computer to see a differential and feed extra fuel, thus ..no error code.
Just sayin'...

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
The ECM looks for differential pressure to know dpf loading. It always sees some pressure even with a fully clean dpf, but the ECM expects to see loading over a certain amount of time to initiate a regen. The EPA wouldn't allow them to build a system so easily fooled.

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
It works off of pressure, time running and mileage. No way to really fool it, just delete tune it and gut the dpf or buy a race pipe if you want the regens gone. You don't have to add power or buy an exhaust system if you don't care too...