Tires for choice for 2015???

MAXX IT OUT

<<<IT WORKS
Mar 1, 2013
Des Moines, Iowa
There are some new tires out this year, anyone run the Nitto Terra Grappler G2? Are there any other new tire choices for mostly street use? I am looking at the 285/55R20 size, so far all I have really seen are the Nitto Terra Grappler, Toyo AT II, and Cooper Zeon LTZ. Anyone else input.

Huffy67

Dec 26, 2014
Arkansas
The nittos and toyo's are both great, know lots of people with them, I've never been a fan of cooper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
That sucks! Any estimates on them shipping?

Corey

Toyo supposedly released them 6 months ago or soemthing.. We have yet to see a product code to order them. I think they will be an awesome tire. But right now my tire of choice is a toyo at2.

countrycorey

Trust Me I'm an Engineer
Jan 30, 2010
LA
Toyo supposedly released them 6 months ago or soemthing.. We have yet to see a product code to order them. I think they will be an awesome tire. But right now my tire of choice is a toyo at2.

I'm looking forward to seeing them in person and hearing real reviews. I love my trail grapplers (2nd set, got over 60k out of the first and the second will prolly beat that) but those might get me to try something else. My little brother has the AT2s on his lifted LML and they seem to be holding up well so far.

Corey

SickLL7Crenshaw

Billy The Kid
Mar 10, 2013
Mexico
I'm running the toyo AT2 285/55r20 and love them. Well besides the price but I won't run anything else but toyo. They balance and wear so nicely.

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
Ive been runnin TOYO's forever cuz I have a schwab account :eek:
Had 2 sets of the AT2's now

The AT2's wear better, last longer, are quieter once they wear in and look 100x better than the origional AT's

BUT

The rubber compound is much harder than the originals, so the trade off for me, here in the PNW is, they are really squirmy on slick wet roads...they handle great and predictably on dry roads but in the rain corners feel like a crapshoot!:eek:

Course, I drive like a nut...so take that with a grain of salt:thumb:
All in all, theyre a good tire, expensive, but good

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
Ive been runnin TOYO's forever cuz I have a schwab account :eek:
Had 2 sets of the AT2's now

The AT2's wear better, last longer, are quieter once they wear in and look 100x better than the origional AT's

BUT

The rubber compound is much harder than the originals, so the trade off for me, here in the PNW is, they are really squirmy on slick wet roads...they handle great and predictably on dry roads but in the rain corners feel like a crapshoot!:eek:

Course, I drive like a nut...so take that with a grain of salt:thumb:
All in all, theyre a good tire, expensive, but good

I agree, they are like driving on ice skates in the rain. Mine didnt hook for shit on the lmm dry or wet. They did wear like steel, but I couldn't take the constant chriping and sliding, I went back to mts on the lml...

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
Terrible, at least mine were. It was like I added another 200 rwhp with the at2 extreme, burn outs at will at anything under 25. The mt's hook wayyyy better, but dont wear like the at2 of course...

Hahaha
Fer sure! Its fun to kick the rear out at will in 3rd in an apex tho:thumb:
And yeah, they dont hook for sh!t

Kinda impressive to the bystanders tho, bump first, hit second and mash the go pedal and roll through a few gears with the tires spinning and the turbo singing :) no boosted launch required for 2wheel peel

4x4 boosted launches...well, I dont have enough power (yet) to where the AT2's are an issue, unless its wet, they grab and go pretty well ;)

On a stock truck, or even a stock trans tuned truck Id say the AT2's would be an excellent choice, although if I had the coin in pocket Id probably get the BFG ATKO2's

GA05MAX

May 28, 2015
GA
I agree about the BFG. I have had 2 sets of them. I will be putting them on the truck I have now as soon as the set on it is shot.