Tire Recommendations

nmeyer414

Jan 30, 2011
currently no where
i just replaced a set of transforce with 75,000 on them. great tire, very quiet, good traction considering 40,000 of that was in the west part of washington state.

ChevyTruckGuy78

Twins done Now for trans
Feb 7, 2010
Ct.
thats the thing they show no signs of abuse no cupping, tearing, or any sign of abuse just they are wearing really fast. my father has a set on his truck and there like new but he drives like a granny i had a fireturd formula pushing over 400 hp and i was horrid on it and i mean horrid and i got better milage out of the performace tires i ran i am just shocked at how bad these are wearing. put it this way i drove that bird as a drifter through town and just beat the living shit out of it after i totaled it i kept the tires and used em on another veichle im just saying i need a tire that will hold up a lil better then these there awsome for everythign but they wear too fast for my likeing

hell i would run these at the track after im done with the build and buy a diffrent set of something diffrent for regular driving i jsut need an on off road tire cause i do drive through yards for buisness

Akdiesel

IFS Hater
Aug 23, 2009
Fairbanks
i only tow a landscape trailer with 2 zero's on it and thats once maybee 2 times a week
the truck hasnt even seen snow yet have been trying to finish my twin build for the last 2 months been too busy fixing all my plow trucks

Maybe that's the difference....I don't tow pretty much ever except for the ocassional helping a friend move or something...as for various weather...mine have been to Alaska and back which is no easy drive. They grip great and I don't seem to have any quick wearing issues. I rotate mine every 5k or so and that's it. Trucks ~7500+lbs with my huge chest box full of shit and a full tank so it's no light thing either. I had way worse wear out of my old street tires.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Do you have duratracs? If you did you'd know tthey're actually a hard compound stiff walled tire...

yes ive had them and put them on a few trucks to test for DPS. they did not last nor were they as hard a tread as other tires we have used. the tread is tall and in small blocks, thus giving it a "soft" feel to it. it flexes alot on the road and gives cupping issues fast if not constantly rotated. For mainly a road truck, not the best option

HogAssWild

Nov 12, 2009
I just got some toyo mt's ... awsome lookin tire suppose to have good tread life..

Bad part is there $475 a peice for 35x12.50r22:eek:

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008
yes ive had them and put them on a few trucks to test for DPS. they did not last nor were they as hard a tread as other tires we have used. the tread is tall and in small blocks, thus giving it a "soft" feel to it. it flexes alot on the road and gives cupping issues fast if not constantly rotated. For mainly a road truck, not the best option

You need to read the posts... I stated that Michelin makes a killer tire and a good one for on road use. I just posted what I am personally running right now, if you go back and read it says because I hunt, fish, and drive in the snow a lot. If I had a pure highway truck I would have a smaller commuter type tire. They don't make soft tires for mine roads :thumb:

ChevyTruckGuy78

Twins done Now for trans
Feb 7, 2010
Ct.
You need to read the posts... I stated that Michelin makes a killer tire and a good one for on road use. I just posted what I am personally running right now, if you go back and read it says because I hunt, fish, and drive in the snow a lot. If I had a pure highway truck I would have a smaller commuter type tire. They don't make soft tires for mine roads :thumb:

but you never stated which michelin's

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az

What ever you say jordan. You asked me about my knowledge on the duratracs with that post you gave earlier. i gave you an answer and also stated its not a great highway tire since we are all discussing about a tire good for highway use. A hard tire with tall thin tread blocks wont last long off road, they will chunk out quicker than you could believe. A tall tread that will flex (softer compound) will last longer to an extent. I have three sets of tires from my rock crawler that will show that difference. thats 100% off road with rock crawlin, mine roads, and all dry sharp rocks. the softer tall tread wins everytime.

ChevyTruckGuy78

Twins done Now for trans
Feb 7, 2010
Ct.
those toyos dont look like they would be good for snow though considering we got so much snow in new englwand it wont melt till july

Steve W

Nov 29, 2010
Elizabethtown KY
We don't get near the snow you do. But the tread is deep and wide. We had around 4 inches on the ground and I had to go out back in the field and didn't have any problems. I'm was born and raisedin the Catskill mountains in NY. so I know snow ;) Like I said earlier when I was coming back from FL. we were in about 4-6 inches on the interstate in 2 wheel drive with no issues passing everyone. :woott: